test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulan New Player Tutorial?

feordilagorgefeordilagorge Member Posts: 247 Arc User
I have a friend who just started STO but he is not real computer savvy (or gaming savvy). I am trying to find him in the game but he does not come up when I try to add him as a friend, so I'm thinking he is still in the tutorial and you can't add friends until they are out. This is true, yes?

He appears to be Romulan but the last I was told, he was doing the mission Crossroads at Crateris, but I created a new Romulan to see what he was facing and I finished the tutorial but it did not appear to be that mission. Is that mission the intro tutorial? If not, any thoughts?

I'm wondering if the account name he is giving me is incorrect.
Star Citizen: Pay-2-Win?
i.imgur.com/LGpIGVB.png

FREE HONG KONG! *
* With purchase of another Hong Kong of equal or greater value.

Comments

• alyxvixen#3895 alyxvixen Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    Crossroads at Crateris is the third mission of the From the Ashes Romulan arc, so he's no longer in the tutorial.
    Though I think you need 20 hours worth of game time on the account before you can be friended and such...
    Which could be why you can't friend him... yet.
  • feordilagorgefeordilagorge Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    Crossroads at Crateris is the third mission of the From the Ashes Romulan arc, so he's no longer in the tutorial.
    Though I think you need 20 hours worth of game time on the account before you can be friended and such...
    I appreciate the response and if true, it's a pretty dumb requirement. People who are new are often turned on to the game by friends and if they can't play together, it is likely that the new player will get frustrated and quit before 20 hours. I don't see how teaming with a friend is going to be abused somehow to make a requirement like this necessary.

Star Citizen: Pay-2-Win?
    i.imgur.com/LGpIGVB.png

FREE HONG KONG! *
    * With purchase of another Hong Kong of equal or greater value.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    I appreciate the response and if true, it's a pretty dumb requirement. People who are new are often turned on to the game by friends and if they can't play together, it is likely that the new player will get frustrated and quit before 20 hours. I don't see how teaming with a friend is going to be abused somehow to make a requirement like this necessary.
    no, it's not.
    that requirement prevents a brand new toon out of the tutorial from spamming the TRIBBLE out of everyone they see with gold farm ads
    Spock.jpg

• snowpiercer#1188 snowpiercer Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    I don't see a connection of being able to friend a person in the game and spamming the chat.