Install Arc

What is the Best Star Trek Series

r24681012r24681012 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
edited July 2019 in Ten Forward
just for interest

What is the Best Star Trek Series 32 votes

Star Trek the Original Series
18%
baddmoonrizinsiotaylorsmokebaileyjamieblanchardphoenixc#0738firebeard#3273 6 votes
Star Trek the Next Generation
12%
tunebreakerangrytargstoyozsthe91 4 votes
Star Trek Deep Space Nine
40%
coldnapalmsteinbergkurumimorishitaartan42pottsey5gstarkaosvoporakkhan5000r24681012theraven2378lordgyormneme0asgard47 13 votes
Star Trek Voyager
6%
nightkenstarmore 2 votes
Star Trek Enterprise
9%
garaks31lexx#3142evilmark444 3 votes
Star Trek Discovery
12%
reyan01azrael605seaofsorrowsmarkhawkman 4 votes

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    @baddmoonrizin, Please move this to Ten Forward. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • asgard47asgard47 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    DS9. Period. B)
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,302 Community Moderator
    /Moved
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    I grew up with TNG, but watched most of everything really.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    DS9 followed by DSC, but you've accidentally left TAS off the poll so I'm not clicking it.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    TOS, yo!
    bzk74q9.jpg
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    TAS is missing. For me it's TNG very, very closely followed by DS9 and TOS. The three more or less share the top spot, that's how close they are. Then it's TAS and then there's empty space for a really long time. And as close as the top 3 are, the bottom three are VGR, ENT and DSC. Voyager probably comes out on top because of Picardo and Ryan really acting the squeal out of horrible scripts. ENT is super forgettable and DSC is just not my thing, plus it's rewatchability is to me pretty much non-existant.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • steinbergsteinberg Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Well each series is a product of its time.More of a question of how do you prefer your eggs on a given day.
    Each was good in its time and still are today with some reservations on various stories,
    I love tos ,but as years go by each series special effect will appear dated-even if remastered.
  • steinbergsteinberg Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Will you be adding another poll for best Captain or best character (after or not including Spock)
    Or most hated character -Neelix ?.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Star Trek Enterprise
    Grew up with TNG, but I also love Entrprise and since I know that won't get many votes I threw mine over that way. Click the picture in my sig if you want to hear my vote for best Trek theme song :)
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User
    edited July 2019

TOS, then ENT and DS9 tied for second. I like all of them (including DSC) in various degrees so far (and honorable mention to Star Trek Continues, even though it is not canon).
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    DS9. I liked that pretty much every character got character development...even the so called bad guys like Gul Dukat
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    They all have their merits, but at the end of the day, it's all about the original for me.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Star Trek Discovery
    Discovery..

And it's not even close.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Every series has its highlights and low points. But I have to agree with val. We do need a "like all" option.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    They all have their merits, but at the end of the day, it's all about the original for me.

*fistbump*
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    DS9, it was something different and well written. Every character got development and it showed a much more grounded side to the Federation that showed it's flaws.
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
      DS9 due to it being heavily inspired by and in competition with a far better Science Fiction series, Babylon 5.
    • firebeard#3273 firebeard Member Posts: 48 Arc User
      TOS

They were more than crewmates, they were friends.
      "Victory is not determined by whose armies are strongest. It is determined by who is left standing." - Napoléon
    • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
      DS9 is almost beating every other show combined.