test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

List of all virus/plaguelike things in STO

2»

Comments

• jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Universal_Kit_Module_-_Weaponized_Dark_Matter

Have you tried that for ground kit powers? I'm digging that for ground combat. Universal kit mod, too! It seems to fit the flavour of what you're going for. =) I love to use it on my "Martian wizard" toons.

Also, on a barely related note, did anyone else think of the song "The Four Horsemen" by Metallica?
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,295 Arc User
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Universal_Kit_Module_-_Weaponized_Dark_Matter

Have you tried that for ground kit powers? I'm digging that for ground combat. Universal kit mod, too! It seems to fit the flavour of what you're going for. =) I love to use it on my "Martian wizard" toons.

Also, on a barely related note, did anyone else think of the song "The Four Horsemen" by Metallica?

Link does not appear to work.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,266 Arc User
    didn't work for me, either...no idea why, because it didn't look any different from the link i got going to the page the long way

either way, i added it​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,295 Arc User
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    didn't work for me, either...no idea why, because it didn't look any different from the link i got going to the page the long way

either way, i added it​​

That is odd why my copy of the link didn't work. O_o Anywho, I hope that compliments the theme and flavour you're going for.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
    i probably won't use it on pestilence even if it does fit the general theme, mainly because i'm already using virulent dark matter cloud and i don't want to go TOO dark matter heavy because i've already got another character using all things dark matter...or, i will be once i get T6 disco rep so i can grab the gear discount

but the list isn't just for me - it's a resource for others in case they want to do a similar thing​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • stolokstolok Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    If the active immunity stuff, which does toxic damage, meets your definition, why not the Toxin Dart Launcher and the Crawler Swarm? And then of course there is the Na'kuhl Temporal Operative Set from The Temporal Front mission in the Future Proof arc with a toxic attack and a crawler mine set bonus.
  • casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    Nice work in gathering that data.

The most virulent thing in STO remains the silliness from the ESD chat. It spreads just by being there.
    edited April 2020
    stolok wrote: »
    If the active immunity stuff, which does toxic damage, meets your definition, why not the Toxin Dart Launcher and the Crawler Swarm? And then of course there is the Na'kuhl Temporal Operative Set from The Temporal Front mission in the Future Proof arc with a toxic attack and a crawler mine set bonus.

it wasn't the damage type that made me add them, it was the chance to spread to additional targets (like a contagious virus) bit, and the active immunity stuff, along with the dark matter stuff were, and still are, among the category of 'pushing it' things for me, since biotoxins (and toxins in general, for that matter) don't fit the definition of a virus - or course, neither does dark matter, even the fictional depiction of it star trek uses, and i posted that, so i suppose i could add those things (though, in the case of the toxin dart launcher, i just didn't know about that one, because i didn't get to see a colony world until relatively recently, and that was for the deflector and kentari boffs, not kit modules) and let people decide for themselves

of course, those will probably be the last things i add since threads aren't supposed to be posted in after 30 days of no activity (with some exceptions, which i don't expect this thread to get), so it'll probably be closed as soon as a mod notices

Edit: i added links for those things, as well as one more thing that was recently added (and would have added another if it had an actual page i could've linked to)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,948 Community Moderator
    Um... NecroThread is Necro?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.