test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please Add More Ships To The Lobi Store & Dilithium Store

Hey Everyone On STO,

Hope your all doing well.

*I have been thinking for a long time on what really needs to be added to Star Trek Online to make it a better gaming experience is more content needs to be added into the game and two of those things that I was thinking of was we really need more ships including the Kelvin Timeline (T6) Heavy Command Cruiser and possibly the Miracle Worker Flight Deck Cruiser [T6]: Discovery Era Enterprise to be added to the lobi store as well as the dilithium store

*It's all very good for the ships to be available via a lucky chance on the lock boxes or promotional packs but then at the same time this also needs to be available on the lobi store and the dilithium store because most of the time you don't ever get the ships when unpacking the lock boxes and if you do it's very rare that you get it.

*I really do hope the devs see and act on this feedback to improve the STO game for everyone.

Kind Regards & Many Thanks Everyone :smile::wink:

DSC_Connie_Ortho.png?version=60d8fbff94b34b185b8598234e98447b

Kelvin_Timeline_Heavy_Command_Cruiser_%28T6%29.jpg?version=36fb8360e4eb2ee3b1fad0ec29757179

Comments

• foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    Oh here we go again, Sigh
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • kavolkavol Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    I did wonder why the Kelvin Enterprise wasn't in the Lobi store, since the Vengeance is and it's technically the superior ship from a DPS standpoint. My guess is that they're not added because they were the "top prize".
    sto-large.jpg
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Dil converts to zen,

Zen buys promo packs or keys,

Promo packs or keys sell for EC,

EC buys those ships on the exchange.

There. You got what you wanted. You used dil to get the ships.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Ok, I guess I'll take a shot..

Your request, while well intentioned.. is unrealistic.

Rather we all like it or not, having highly desirable ships like the Discovery Flight Deck Cruiser restricted to chance boxes is a huge boon to Cryptic financially. We won't debate the merits of Lock Boxes here, there are plenty of threads for that. I am not justifying or condemning this action, I am just stating objective fact.

Putting the ship in the Lobi Store would make the ship much easier to get, which players would like, but that would DRASTICALLY lower the value of the ship overall and be a massive financial hit for Cryptic. Also, on a personal note, Lobi ships generally sell from about 180-220 Million EC on the Exchange...

I paid 1.32 Billion for my Discovery Constitution.

I am sure you can see why I would be a bit miffed if all the sudden the ship costs less them 1/6th what I paid for it a week ago. :wink:

The reason the Kelvin Constitution is more expensive then the Vengeance is simply because it was the 'grand prize' ship and the Vengeance was the 'consolation prize' from the same box. To many (myself included) the Vengeance was the more desirable of the two ships, but the Kelvin Constitution was the first drop of a playable T6 Constitution Class, and at the time was a big deal. Cryptic figured it to be of more value and that's why the two ships are priced as they are.

While your suggestion is well intentioned, it simply has zero chance of happening. Aside from being unfair to those that spent hundreds of dollars or a billion + EC, it's also too financially costly for Cryptic.

Desirable ships in lock/promo boxes is a fact of life in STO. It won't change, and while you may find it unpleasant, you're not going to change it. Your only option is to accept it and figure out ways to work within the current system.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,292 Community Moderator
    This has already been answered by the devs as to why these ships go into Lockbox/Promos. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.