test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Some Advice Please

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but I am having difficulty with my character , ship and tabs. It seems like my character is running on its own , my ship will slowly circle out of control and my tabs (in whatever menu) will scroll upwards on its own. I tried double tapping the up key and the w key (that's where the character is running) and no luck , the character won't roll out to a stop. I checked my key settings and they have the up arrow key and the w key for the correct direction. All other movement keys work fine . I have reinstalled the game in the hopes it would somehow fix the problem with still no luck. This all started after today's patch and I'm just reaching out to the community if anyone ran into this problem before and what was the solution to fixing it.
"There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)

Comments

• sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    every once in a while i have the ship spinning/unable to stop it/control it (this only happens in sector space).

I switch instances and it goes away.

I've never had the same problem on the ground, except on a few mission where the character will run forward until it hits a wall. then i can control again.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but I am having difficulty with my character , ship and tabs. It seems like my character is running on its own , my ship will slowly circle out of control and my tabs (in whatever menu) will scroll upwards on its own. I tried double tapping the up key and the w key (that's where the character is running) and no luck , the character won't roll out to a stop. I checked my key settings and they have the up arrow key and the w key for the correct direction. All other movement keys work fine . I have reinstalled the game in the hopes it would somehow fix the problem with still no luck. This all started after today's patch and I'm just reaching out to the community if anyone ran into this problem before and what was the solution to fixing it.

Have you spilt something on your keyboard recently?

If not, you may want to check for virus/malware/spyware which can cause similar symptoms. Spybot search and destroy would the first thing I would run:

https://www.safer-networking.org/compare-spybot-editions/

(has a free edition)
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Do you have a controller plugged in? Sounds like the game is taking input from another device.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    Do you have a controller plugged in? Sounds like the game is taking input from another device.

I do have an xbox controller and its upside down on the desk I'll unplug that and see if it works .

"There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User

I do have an xbox controller and its upside down on the desk I'll unplug that and see if it works .

UPDATE : Yup ! that's exactly what it was ! Hey thanks alot seaofsorrows and thanks to Equinox976 and sheldoncooper for helping as well. You guys restored alot of faith in the community for me , you guys rock!

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Happy to help. :smiley:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    if your character is running and the direction controls won't stop her, try tapping the R key. works for me
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    if your character is running and the direction controls won't stop her, try tapping the R key. works for me

He got the issue resolved on the third reply, lol :)
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,303 Community Moderator
    Problem solved. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.