test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Borg Red Alert Weekend!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
The Borg are returning to the galaxy on PC this weekend! Go to Red Alert!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11165263

Comments

• crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    (Discussion of moderation removed. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • jenicazarinajenicazarina Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Glad to see the dates fixed! GO BORG! :D
    Resistance is never futile!

800S3a8.jpg
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Quick question, are Disco marks available in this?

Read the info and it just says '35 Marks of your choice'. In the past, there have been times when newer rep marks were included in events similar to this, but most of the time they are not included. My playtime these days is very limited and I don't feel like wasting it on something that will hold no benefit (in this instance, getting Disco marks) for me.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • darzil#7269 darzil Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Is it expected and intended that there are no daily bonus marks from the Red Alert marks?
    Is it expected and intended that there are no daily bonus marks from the Red Alert marks?

Yes, there has been no daily bonus for the Red Alerts since they were removed from the rotation and put into weekend events. It is indeed intended and expected.

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    I love the Borg Red Alert, but as it still lacks the Disco Marks it offers less incentive for me to do more than one a day. :/
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    I love the Borg Red Alert, but as it still lacks the Disco Marks it offers less incentive for me to do more than one a day. :/

So there are no Disco marks in it then, pity. No point in running it at all for me then as all I am needing are Disco marks. Now I won't need to waste my time finding out for myself, so thanks.

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    They won't add them to Red Alerts, Endeavor Marks Choice Boxes, or Summer Event Monkey/Bird Marks Choice Boxes until later in the year. This will encourage the running of the four Discovery TFOs for those. Though it seems they are availible from the RTFO Reward Boxes. The latter because those are awarded for participation in an RTFO and some of the TFOs run could be the Discovery ones.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    Yeah, no discovery marks removes the entire reason for running this thing in the first place. On the plus side (if there is one) it means I won't have to run it for each of the dozen active characters I have.
  • elvnswordselvnswords Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    We are the Alliance, your ships are unable to withstand us, standby for deletion with prejudice...
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,212 Arc User
    They really need to update these Red Alerts. The Tzenkethi one isn't worth it at all, and the borg one is okay but the fact that you can't get a daily reward box makes it super uninviting to play. Why play more for so much less? I'd be fine with the lack of disco marks if it was even worth it to begin with but hell even if they did put disco marks I probably wouldn't bother with the current state.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,498 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I have been waiting for this to top off some of the reputations which are just an annoyingly few marks short of the daily without having to waste too much time on it. Unfortunately I have been so busy this weekend I have barely been on :|
    westx211 wrote: »
    They really need to update these Red Alerts. The Tzenkethi one isn't worth it at all, and the borg one is okay but the fact that you can't get a daily reward box makes it super uninviting to play. Why play more for so much less? I'd be fine with the lack of disco marks if it was even worth it to begin with but hell even if they did put disco marks I probably wouldn't bother with the current state.

I have to agree that the Tzenkethi one is absolutely worthless on all counts, but the Tholian (the best one) and the Borg one are great with or without dailies (though considering there are no wide choice TFOs anymore they really should add the daily back into the RAs since they treat them almost like short-term FTFOs anyway).

The Elachi so-called RA is really more like a regular TFO and would probably do better if it was transferred to that system instead.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Last night (Wednesday, May 29) when I returned to Sector Space outside the Fleet Mining Holding from some Fleet Starbase travels, the Red Alert Button on the UI was active. When I clicked on it, it brought up the dialog box that asked if I wanted to be taken to the Borg. I pressed on it but nothing happened, I closed the dialog box, and the UI was clear of Red Alert Buttons for good.

I have played that Character since Monday night.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns