test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any word whether the next Discovery expansion/episode will bring us DSC Tellarites and Andorians?

angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
I'd like to know pig-1.gif​​
lFC4bt2.gif
^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
"No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
"A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
"That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• jr20mb13jr20mb13 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    nothing has been said about that in a lonnnnng time. same with DSC klingons. they mentioned it well before the DSC mini faction and its been static since then. Im going to be quite urked if the parts arent added to the alien race as well
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    I don't think they ever gave a timetable nor did they (IIRC) say when it'll be added, just "at some point in the future".
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,303 Community Moderator
    I ask Kael about this ALL. THE. TIME. Still no answer. :unamused:

I want my Disco Saurian! :mrgreen:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • smooshy#7462 smooshy Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    TUSK(s)!
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    The Disco race looks would be very welcome in my book as an option.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    For the record, they would make an announcement if they were going to add playable species options to the game.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    For the record, they would make an announcement if they were going to add playable species options to the game.

It's just additional options, no new species though. I don't think the TOS cosmetics got a separate announcement, although it was included somewhere within.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    I'm not creating a DSC character until I can.

Also, TNG Andorians would be nice.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »

It's just additional options, no new species though. I don't think the TOS cosmetics got a separate announcement, although it was included somewhere within.​​

I'm pretty sure that since people want to play a Discovery Andorian when they start a Discovery character, they'd add them as a playable species.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
    angrytarg wrote: »

It's just additional options, no new species though. I don't think the TOS cosmetics got a separate announcement, although it was included somewhere within.

I'm pretty sure that since people want to play a Discovery Andorian when they start a Discovery character, they'd add them as a playable species.

That's not how it works. The AoY TOS style Andorians and Tellarites are not new species, they are the same species with cosmetic unlocks. The same unlocks Gorn and Klingons get (well, bugged to hell but that's because they're KDF and thus will never be fixed). If DSC Andorians, Tellarites, Saurians, and Klingons arrive they will not be new species but interchangeable with the current species.​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

artan42 wrote: »
    That's not how it works.
    That's exactly how Cryptic said would work though.

The only one getting costume unlocks are the Discovery Klingons.

It didn't work like that for AoY so it won't for AoD. It'll be new cosmetics not a new species.​​

#TASforSTO

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Maybe they mean adding them to the DSC era line up (which currently only has human, vulcan and alien) is like adding a new species? I guess in that technical definition, yes, it would be a new selection.
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I asked my Magic 8-ball and it told me 'Cannot predict now'. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.