test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Favorite Star Trek Episodes (All Series)

jake477jake477 Member Posts: 526 Arc User
List your favorite Star Trek Episodes and why. It can be from any series or pick one from each. I always wondered what gives other Trek fans like myself the reason to re-watch the series over and over again. What episodes when you binge watch make you go...heck yeah here we go!

Enterprise. The Expanse & The Xindi. Season 2 Finale & Season 3 Premier was the best of Star Trek Enterprise. The NX class gets some much needed teeth, the crew finally goes from campy to serious. Our favorite Klingon Family is out for blood & we get see some real military in Star Trek. Imagine if Starfleet had the MACOs during the Dominion War instead of just non-coms with a phaser rifle.

Voyager: The Year of Hell. I would argue is this is most realistic version of Voyager we have seen. Granted it deals with time travel but finally we get to see Voyager bruised and bloodied from facing an unknown alien power. Up until now, not even the Borg have taken Voyager to the brink of hopelessness. It really seemed like this was truly when their luck ran out. It pushed Voyager and her crew to the limit. Only to erase the whole thing. Kind of a cop-out but still awesome.

Deep Space Nine: The Sound of Her Voice. This was truly why I loved DS9, TNG may have waded in deep personal issues of the crew but DS9 dived right into them. The war has been raging and a Captain is trouble. The DS9 crew race to rescue her and while on route they all take turns talking to her about how the war has changed them and how they have grown distant from each other as a result. And when they are all talking at the Captain's funeral its a touching moment. The crew have never met this woman face to face but she was like a much needed counselor all them needed but never would admit it.

The Next Generation: In Theory. Its probably not high on anyone else's list but for some reason the concept of Data dating has a lot of similarities on how I started being social. Being the class nerd in HS I wasn't all that good at dating and was completely out of depth like Data was. So I poured myself into "what to do & how to do it", granted unlike our favorite android I have emotions, he doesn't. I can identify myself with Data's conundrum and its funny to see how much I have grown when he just gets started.

TOS Private Little War: It echoes the Cold War and pretty much every conflict now taken by industrialized nations. Instead of throwing ourselves at each other we use proxies and a lot of the time they are undeveloped and expendable. As each faction gets better and better gear from their benefactors the cost gets higher & higher. War is still war and wars have consequences.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"