test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TNG Theme Ground build KDF Tactical

questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
Been shuffling around my Ground build on my KDF tactical Character.
With a graviton spike etc it was more than efficient in killing enemies, but at some point it did not feel like Klingon play style anymore.
Thus i put all the fancy stuff in my inventory.

Looking for some extra ideas and modules which would suit a TNG era KDF warrior. Weapon wise i am going with the https://sto.gamepedia.com/Klingon_Disruptor_Pistol and https://sto.gamepedia.com/The_Butcher's_Mek'leth

Not going for a specifically crafted melee build though.

Ideas/suggestions?
This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Comments

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    First impressions: Rally cry, Photon Grenade, Sonic Suppression Field and either Ambush or harmonized Shields
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Ability:_Harmonized_Shields

The latter is the odd ball, but it's nice for a little bit of survival.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    Looks like the topic got buried. Still looking for ideas and suggestions.
  • hosanin#8084 hosanin Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    The Mek'leth was only used by a handful of warriors where the staple of the Empire was the Bat'leth due to it being "A warriors weapon". Photon Grenade, Rally Cry, Ambush and Suppressing Fire were all shown as standard Klingon tactics. A disruptor pistol or rifle would work for weapons. Just remember that they didn't use automatic weapons but a bolt weapons for both the pistol and rifle. Could easily get away with the Mek'leth if you were basing it off of Worf since he's the only one who actually used it regularly in both TNG and DS9, the rest were the Bat'leth and D'k' tahg (still think we need one in game that isn't just fashion).
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

could use the honor guard set. the weapon doesn't have any crazy features, just a Grenade Launcher for secondary fire. and it all looks kinda like something you would see in tng.

you could use the tact passive modules from r&d. their just slightly weaker versions of the basic tact buffs. also the kilgat from k -13. sure it's nerfed to near useless but it fits. and with traits like Brutal Impetus and Vicious it's not too hard to get the dmg up.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
    nightken wrote: »
    questerius wrote: »

could use the honor guard set. the weapon doesn't have any crazy features, just a Grenade Launcher for secondary fire. and it all looks kinda like something you would see in tng.

you could use the tact passive modules from r&d. their just slightly weaker versions of the basic tact buffs. also the kilgat from k -13. sure it's nerfed to near useless but it fits. and with traits like Brutal Impetus and Vicious it's not too hard to get the dmg up.

I used the KHG set for a long time, but it never really felt like a klingon play style using it. I'll look at the kligat and passive modules.