test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Boff skills disabled ?

arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
So, last night I decided to switch ships to something more "tanky" than what I had been flying so finally got around to trying out my Vorgon Ytijara

First, I encountered the age old problem of having to swap out my Boffs a few times before it would actually let me assign the skills I wanted them to use, including having to do "reset to default" and then select them again. I finally got them set up the way I wanted, set up all my tray skills, went to sector space and saved the loadout...twice, and then I joined the featured TFO.

The furball started and I immediately noticed that all, all, of my science station skills were grayed out and unuseable. Thankfully that Vorgon Ytijara is an extremely durable ship and this is on my Eng Captain because the only shield heal I have slotted is Transfer shield strength, which I was unable to use due to all of my Science skills being disabled. Engineering team and miracle worker was wctually enough to keep me from going kaboom....anyway

During the briefing before the second engagement I quickly tried to get something going. Swapping Spock for 0718 (the only other Sci boff I have actually trained) did no good. All skills still greyed out and unusable, putting Bones in there instead suddenly I could use my Sci skills, as the next engagement had started it was only after entering combat that I noticed that I had now lost use of both my LtCom and Com engineering skills, long story short, swapping out Eng boffs changed nothing, only after putting Spock back in as my Sci Boff did I regain full use of my Eng station, and of course lost all use of my Sci station.

I have changed maps, logged out and back in, restarted the game, even got a nights sleep and tried again the next day and it is still doing the same thing. I can not use my Sci skills, if I have Spock or 0718 stationed there and putting any other Sci Boff there, my Sci skills become available but my LtCom and Com engineering skills then become unusable.

Anyone have any ideas ? I would love to go ahead and keep using this ship until I get the mastery out of the way, but inability to use my Boff skills makes it quite challenging but more importantly is dragging down my performance enough that I am sure the rest of the team is having to somewhat carry me and I don't like being a burden instead of an asset.

BTW the toon in question is Syzrari@texarion#1034 (the toon in my siggy)

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
LTS and loving it.
Ariotex.png

Comments

• arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Update: After remembering that ships retain their mastery levels, I went back to ESD and went back to that no good sleazeball that I got that ship from. After a few choice words...and maybe a few threats...he decided that having an angry Andorian up in his face might not be good for his continued well being and he agreed to take the ship back and give me a replacement. It was likely the realization that there was no doubt that I would be back if needed that prompted him to make sure I didn't get a defective pile of floating scrap this time as the replacement is working as intended.

TL:DR Dismissed then reclaimed the ship and now everything is fine.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Wow, that's really odd. I swapped out a ship for my Y'tijara this morning because it had the right weapon damage I needed for an Endeavor. No problems with stations at all.

But if that happens to me I'll know to try dismissing and reclaiming like you did.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    I just did a different toon claiming that ship for the first time and had no problems at all, weird
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png