test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A quick question, TOS Bridge Officers.

colonelmarikcolonelmarik Member Posts: 2,200 Arc User
I have a character who I want to have only TOS crew for. However, I need some TOS crew now, and I can't find anywhere to get them. I know K47 has them, but I have neither the dilithium nor the fleet credit to get them. Is there somewhere else I can get them?

I tried starting a new TOS character, buying the common ones on the TOSESD, but I can't pass them on to my other characters, they're bound to that character.
Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

This game needs detailed crafting, exploration and interaction systems.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Just get regular Fed boffs and dress them in the TOS uniforms yourself.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,313 Community Moderator
    The only place to acquire TOS era BOFFs is from the TOS toon startup and TOS ESD (white/common), and from K-13 (higher rarities).
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    Just get regular Fed boffs and dress them in the TOS uniforms yourself.

This is what I would have suggested. Unless TOS BOFFS are different aside from the uniforms.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    How do you get them from tos esd?

Roll a ToS toon
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    Exactly, you create a TOS toon and during the TOS story missions, you visit the ESD BOFF vendor. They're only common quality, but they are all coded as TOS BOFFs as opposed to 25c BOFFs.
    GrWzQke.png
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    The trouble with getting the TOS officers from TOSESD is that they bind to the new character buying them. I can't give them to my existing character.

I could just use normal officers, but then they don't have the TOS crew icons, and they don't have the TOS skills.

They are all basic skills and Icons don't really do much , the good TOS skills come from the K13 base
    GwaoHAD.png
    You're not in a fleet? Or your fleet's K-13 isn't leveled up enough?
    GrWzQke.png
    I think he said he doesn't have enough dil/fc to get them.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Oh! Well, then, start contributing to projects and earn some FCs. Don't forget, if your Fleet is in an Armada, you should be able to help out other Fleets in the Armada, too, to earn FCs.
    GrWzQke.png
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    Like others have said, there's no difference between the low-quality TOS BOFFs from TOS-era ESD and other BOFFs. So not only can you not pass those BOFFs from character to character, I doubt it was even something the devs considered. Especially when they made specific TOS BOFFs with unique abilities for K-13.

Yeah they're a little expensive, but right now that's the only way to do it.

Disco-icon BOFFs are even more of a mess to get, so consider yourself lucky you have TOS options I guess?
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Unless you can score yourself the Holographic TOS Crew. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Unless you can score yourself the Holographic TOS Crew. ;)

Oh true! I got those as a random reward for something a couple years back, keep forgetting I have them.
This discussion has been closed.