test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

hidden over lay near bottom of the screen

searphsearph Member Posts: 24 Arc User
this just cropped up today, there some invisible over lay at that covers the bottom 1/4 of the screen, when i would click on a ship power the game acts like i have just Alt-tab'ed and would bring up chrome, exiting out of chrome and other programs running at the same time had no effect, restarted my computer and started STO the same problem happened... logged out the and with the big log in screen i can not move my cursor to the bottom of the screen, the cursor stops just above the log-in bottom

Comments

• alexanderb#7559 alexanderb Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    Is it just in STO? Are you sure it's not some kind of other application causing the overlay?
  • searphsearph Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    it was only STO but put the game in safe mode went into settings changed screen size and then change it back ..seemed to have taken care of it ....
  • alexanderb#7559 alexanderb Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    Great it's solved. I'm curious though what could triggered it. Never seen or heard it before.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,435 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    I had a random black overlay last night playing STO, it showed up when I exited out of the game while on DS9. Very strange. I will reset the settings to see if that will cause it not to happen or if it is a new Windows 10 bug. Apparently when I log out and am outside DS9 it does not happen, very weird. Thanks.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.