test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nelen Exil's Wide Beam Pistol XI [Dmg] is un-upgradable/not re-engineerable

sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,464 Arc User
edited March 2022 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Dear Cryptic,

I wanted to upgrade the weapon that comes with Nelen Exil by default when you complete the mission that is part of the Dyson Reputation storyline. When I move it to upgrade it, it will not allow it to be upgraded. In fact there is no option on the item to upgrade or re-engineer. Please turn on the function that allows it to be upgraded as well as re-engineered. I want to use the weapon because it says Nelen Exil's Wide Beam Pistol XI {Dmg}. This item cannot be upgraded on any of my characters if I were to use it on all my characters or bridge officers, which I am not doing only on my main character for the Nelen Exil bridge officer. Please fix. @chrian#9670 @engineerb4#4806 @ambassadorkael#6946 @darkbladejk @wingedhussar#7584 Thanks for your time. :)

d9tyosmlycl3.png
8h6zzl3f2fx5.png

Edit: Fixed mistake about the mission being in the Mission Journal, it still is part of the Dyson Reputation. Oops. :)
Edit 2: Added two screenshots from March 14, 2022 since the bug is still around and bug reports are not subject to the necro rule.
Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
Post edited by sthe91 on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    booking8booking8 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I have been holding on to my one for years waiting for the ability to upgrade it.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    I wanted to upgrade the weapon that comes with Nelen Exil by default when you complete the mission that used to be part of the Dyson reputation but is now in the mission journal for the Dyson Sphere arc.
    On an unrelated note, that mission is still part of the Dyson Reputation and hasn't been moved to the mission journal.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    Since we are now participating in an event called The Voth Advance, it would be great for the weapon that goes with the Dyson Reputation reward Nelen Exil to have his gun called Nelen Exil's Wide Beam Pistol XI {Dmg} finally upgradable.
  • Options
    Yep, I'll add my voice to that.
    Nelen Exil is a regular on my ship Bridge Officer stations, but he never makes it onto my Away Teams because he has a sub-standard weapon, compared to the rest of the Team.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  • Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    It's the same with Leeta and the Elachi Boff, their weapons can't be upgraded.
  • Options
    As I recall, Leeta has a Bajoran Pistol, and they can be obtained elsewhere - I can't quite recall where I got one from, though.
  • Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    As I recall, Leeta has a Bajoran Pistol, and they can be obtained elsewhere - I can't quite recall where I got one from, though.

It's obtainable from the DS9 bundle for 2250 Zen which I don't think anyone would buy just for the pistol.
  • Options
    I don't recall ever buying that - it must have been a freebie at some stage...
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Added two screenshots from March 14, 2022 to this bug report since the bug is still around and now we can upload screenshots from our computers instead of relying on a third-party image sharing service.
  • Options
    This is still an issue to this day. Would have been nice to be fixed with the Voth Invictus Event going on and attention focused on the Dyson Ground Battlezone.