test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tommy Gun - First Contact Day Reward

Comments

• Options
    theboxisredtheboxisred Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    It's some awesome news, but I'm a bit worried, from the screenshot of the weapon that the pose won't change to have our character grab the front grip (understandable as it's just one weapon) and have our character put their palm below it (less understandable, and quite silly-looking, compared to just placing the hand between the grip and the magazine).
    rattler2 wrote: »
    It's some awesome news, but I'm a bit worried, from the screenshot of the weapon that the pose won't change to have our character grab the front grip (understandable as it's just one weapon) and have our character put their palm below it (less understandable, and quite silly-looking, compared to just placing the hand between the grip and the magazine).

Actually... didn't the colony rifle have a similar problem before they fixed it?

In fact, many of my ground weapons don't "line up" properly. It's not game breaking, but it looks terrible.
  • Options
    disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    All I care about is the Tommy being the same type of gun as the Romulan Piercing Beam Rifles. No point in using it if it's gotta stop every three shots to "recharge" or whatever.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    All I care about is the Tommy being the same type of gun as the Romulan Piercing Beam Rifles. No point in using it if it's gotta stop every three shots to "recharge" or whatever.

Maybe a bit of a hybrid. Primary fire is Piercing Beam, while secondary is regular Autorifle.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    It's not a beam at all. It fires bullets.

But if you look at how the Piercing Beam rifle fires, its like it fires rapid pulse bolts. Can easily change that to bullets.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    ferroequusferroequus Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    latest?cb=20070613213325&path-prefix=en
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    > @inferiority said:
    > The Theta trait was character-only the year it was given out, like all event rewards had been.
    > Not long afterward, Event rewards started becoming Account-unlocks, which is why all characters on accounts that participated in last years' event can get the Bozeman Engine.

Well, they could have done with the Trait like they did with the Sompek Pulsewave. That was the per Character award from the abominal 21-day Sompek Arena. They gave it to all Characters on the Account the next time the Weekend Sompek ran.

For the Trait they went with the per Character Rare Phoenix Token route instead.

They did no such thing. Make a Jem'Hadar or Discovery character and try to find the Pulsewave. What they did do was filled in any incompletely-filled projects on any character that still had them. Pulsewave will find its way into the Phoenix Pack eventually.

And that version of Sompek was fine in the game, just a few people openly complaining on the forums that others weren't "doing it right." I saw less complaints or friction in the many runs that I did than I see about AFKers in Mirror or Breach whenever they run.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I know it was all Characters that were alive at the time. And it was all, because everyone of mine that were alive during the 21-day Event got the Pulsewave, regardless if they had the Project slotted as most didn't and weren't being played. Only later after I logged into all Characters to claim all the Gamma Recruit Account Awards did I receive the Pulsewave on them.

Their way of semi making it into some sort of a one time but not persistent Account Award.

You don't get AFKers in Sompek. You may get some that stay down after four rounds but not AFKers. And by abominal, I mean that they turned it into a 21-day Event. People were fine with a Weekend one but 21-day, not so much. They probably realized they were going to keep it at Weekend, so these extra special Awards was their 'atnement'.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    > @anodynes said:
    > ltminns wrote: »
    >
    > > @inferiority said:
    > > The Theta trait was character-only the year it was given out, like all event rewards had been.
    > > Not long afterward, Event rewards started becoming Account-unlocks, which is why all characters on accounts that participated in last years' event can get the Bozeman Engine.
    >
    > Well, they could have done with the Trait like they did with the Sompek Pulsewave. That was the per Character award from the abominal 21-day Sompek Arena. They gave it to all Characters on the Account the next time the Weekend Sompek ran.
    >
    > For the Trait they went with the per Character Rare Phoenix Token route instead.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > They did no such thing. Make a Jem'Hadar or Discovery character and try to find the Pulsewave. What they did do was filled in any incompletely-filled projects on any character that still had them. Pulsewave will find its way into the Phoenix Pack eventually.
    >
    > And that version of Sompek was fine in the game, just a few people openly complaining on the forums that others weren't "doing it right." I saw less complaints or friction in the many runs that I did than I see about AFKers in Mirror or Breach whenever they run.

I claimed the sompek pulsewave on a Delta Rerun Recruit just before ViL from the weekend event store, still using it with him.
    Pulsewave or blast assault? there's two different lightning guns
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User

Maybe a bit of a hybrid. Primary fire is Piercing Beam, while secondary is regular Autorifle.

Actually apparently the secondary fire looks like auto rifle secondary fire but is considered split beam fire in game as it can exploit exposed enemies. Its sort of like the auto targeting rifles a couple damage types have.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    It's not a beam at all. It fires bullets.

But if you look at how the Piercing Beam rifle fires, its like it fires rapid pulse bolts. Can easily change that to bullets.

or tracer bullets.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    The Pulsewave is the shotgun type. It was only given to characters who actually had the project done, and only the individual characters who unlocked it can grab it from the Dilithium store reclaim. The Blast Assault is the one in the weekend store, and an account unlock.
  • Options
    westx211 wrote: »
    Actually apparently the secondary fire looks like auto rifle secondary fire but is considered split beam fire in game as it can exploit exposed enemies. Its sort of like the auto targeting rifles a couple damage types have.

Guess I could have worded it better. I did mean the secondary autorifle, not the primary.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well, this comes too late for a St. Valentines Day Massacre. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    I have a mobster themed toon that I am eager to get that gun for. Now all he needs is a hat.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Personally, I am hoping for a rapid fire weapon that does pure physical damage. I want to use it to use as an Anti-Borg weapon just like in the movie. :smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,319 Arc User
    Personally, I am hoping for a rapid fire weapon that does pure physical damage. I want to use it to use as an Anti-Borg weapon just like in the movie. :smile:

It will probably be similar to the Omega Force Auto Carbine.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Omega_Force_(Ground)

Damage output reduced a bit in favor of 100% shield pen.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    questerius wrote: »

The Omega Carbine by itself sucks against Borg though. Only the small amount of Kinetic Damage that it deals continues to hurt the Borg, they adapt to the Antiproton/Tetryon Damage which nullifies the bulk of it's usefulness. In order to really take advantage against Borg, you have to have the 3pc bonus which even still has a 15 second global.

I am hoping this will be more in the line of the TR-116B that deals pure Kinetic that can't be adapted to. I like the idea of it as an 'Anti Borg' weapon like when it's used in the movie. If it's Primary and Secondary emulated the Omega Carbine, I would be happy with that. I am just hoping it's not an 'energy weapon.'
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,319 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

The Omega Carbine by itself sucks against Borg though. Only the small amount of Kinetic Damage that it deals continues to hurt the Borg, they adapt to the Antiproton/Tetryon Damage which nullifies the bulk of it's usefulness. In order to really take advantage against Borg, you have to have the 3pc bonus which even still has a 15 second global.

I am hoping this will be more in the line of the TR-116B that deals pure Kinetic that can't be adapted to. I like the idea of it as an 'Anti Borg' weapon like when it's used in the movie. If it's Primary and Secondary emulated the Omega Carbine, I would be happy with that. I am just hoping it's not an 'energy weapon.'

I think it is either going to be pure kinetic (dangerous option with full auto and shield pen) or similar to the duelist pistol
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Duelist_Regalia

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    For me a return to Bozeman is looking unlikely this year? I thought that last years impulse engine was interesting, but expected another piece of what could have been a matching ship set. I see no need for a tommy gun at all, but have at it for those who do!
  • Options
    lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    For me a return to Bozeman is looking unlikely this year? I thought that last years impulse engine was interesting, but expected another piece of what could have been a matching ship set. I see no need for a tommy gun at all, but have at it for those who do!

If it's kinetic damage with a good amount of shield penetration, then it's an extremely useful weapon. And not just against the Borg, but against pretty much everyone. Plus, as an account unlock, you'd be able to use it on any new characters you make, as well as equipping it on their BOffs. Also, First Contact Day isn't really much of a grind. Only four days, and you don't really have to participate at all. You can just stand in front of your rocket and wait out the timers.
  • Options
    I have a mobster themed toon that I am eager to get that gun for. Now all he needs is a hat.

I actually made a couple Valkyria Chronicles themed cosplays on my main. One a Gallian Shocktrooper, the other an Atlantic Federation Shocktrooper. That Tommy Gun is gonna finish the look quite nicely.
  • Options

I was wholly expecting a new king of Tour the Galaxy before the Tommy was revealed. Always next year though, right?
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Tommygun is theme-appropriate since it appeared in the movie First Contact. Certainly more theme-appropriate than an impulse engine that's only related to the content by name.
  • Options
    lnblade wrote: »
    If it's kinetic damage with a good amount of shield penetration, then it's an extremely useful weapon. And not just against the Borg, but against pretty much everyone. Plus, as an account unlock, you'd be able to use it on any new characters you make, as well as equipping it on their BOffs.

That's pretty much my dream scenario, but I learned a long time ago not to get my hopes up for anything. :smile:
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    I think as of now there were some phisical/kinetic ranged weapons:
    - Zefram Cochrane Shotgun - physical damage - it had "better shield penetration", but it was newer actually stated how much… stil it is good anti-Borg weapon - sadly it was a "per character" event weapon.
    - TR-116A Sniper Rifle - old weapon - I think it's no longer avaiable/in use - kinetic damage with 20% shield penetration.
    - TR-116B Sniper Rifle - kinetic damage like above, but it does have x4 Shield penetration modifier - which summes up to 100% - currently most popular anti-Borg weapon - I think.

Now if the Tommy-Gun will have even 20% Shield penetration+kinetic damage, it will be still good anti-Borg (and not only) weapon
This discussion has been closed.