test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pets and consoles...

nixbooxnixboox Member Posts: 1,041 Arc User
Does anyone know if pets benefit from tac consoles or boff skills? I saw an older thread saying that they were buffed and then later that they weren't...but does anyone know what the status is now?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Hangar pets don't benefit from consoles or BOff abilities, unless they specifically say they buff hangar pets teammates or allies, and AFAIK those are only active not passive.

Jem'Hadar Wingmen benefit from Tac consoles on the main ship, and possibly more stuff on the main ship too. BOff abilities do not seem to affect them, beyond what other team members would get.

Post edited by tom61sto on
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    nixboox wrote: »
    Which consoles say they buff hangar pets?

I guess they don't, I was probably thinking of Traits like Superior Area Denial. For consoles to buff pets, it needs to buff either teammates or allies, which hangar pets count as. Fleet Coordination Matrix from the Jupiter Carrier (ship locked), as an example. I don't have a good list to hand unfortunately. I'm pretty sure https://sto.gamepedia.com/Dominion_Console_Set#Console_-_Universal_-_Enhanced_Dominion_Coordination_Protocol (Jem'Hadar ships only) does affect all teammates in range, but it's not showing on the Wiki.

I did find a list of most of the Traits, Skills, and some set bonus that will apply to hangar pets on this section of Class F Shuttles: https://sto.gamepedia.com/Hangar_Pet/Class_F_Shuttles#Modifiers
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    It's very rare that an ability buffs your hangar pets, the development team seems to have intentionally steered away from this with only a few rare exceptions.

I believe the thinking is that they don't want you to be able to buff your pets up to a massive degree and then just sit there AFK while they do all the work. Honestly, I can understand that.. because we all know people would totally do that. :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    It's very rare that an ability buffs your hangar pets, the development team seems to have intentionally steered away from this with only a few rare exceptions.

I believe the thinking is that they don't want you to be able to buff your pets up to a massive degree and then just sit there AFK while they do all the work. Honestly, I can understand that.. because we all know people would totally do that. :lol:

You're darn right I would. Send em on the attack and work on doffing and admiralty while the battle rages.

LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
This discussion has been closed.