test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

mirror tilly is awesome

morgenscott#7301 morgenscott Member Posts: 1 Arc User
OK.... I gotta say it, and i know, some may argue..... BUT.... I LOVE the Tilly, from the mirror Universe! Love her actions, the sarcasm, i think she is worth keeping! she is a FUN Foe, lolol. didnt care for the original Milque toast Tilly, from our universe............ but i LOVE the Mirror Universe Tilly! would LOVE to see her as a recurring Character, after the Anniversary part is over! she is a worthy, but fun Foe!

(vague title corrected) - darkbladejk
Post edited by darkbladejk on

Comments

• ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    Just gonna comment...Your heading sucks. And the moderators don't like vague cliffhanger titles to threads. Just giving a friendly notification.

She'll be a recurring character. One that will get hit with the Snidely Whiplash treatment in her path to villain decay, just like T'Ket.
  • viridian74#1359 viridian74 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    Just gonna comment...Your heading sucks. And the moderators don't like vague cliffhanger titles to threads. Just giving a friendly notification.

She'll be a recurring character. One that will get hit with the Snidely Whiplash treatment in her path to villain decay, just like T'Ket.

What a way to reply to someone's first post. I enjoy Mirror Tilly, too (as well as the original Tilly!) and I hope to see more of her!
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    ichaerus1 wrote: »

What a way to reply to someone's first post. I enjoy Mirror Tilly, too (as well as the original Tilly!) and I hope to see more of her!

Thanks! It's nice to be appreciated for pointing things out. :)
    You'll get to see more of her, but there's no guarantee that you'll like what happens down the line.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 1,221 Arc User
    There's probably limits to how much we'll get to see Killy based on the availibility of Mary Wiseman.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Try to change your title to something like "I want to comment about Mirror Tilly"... incomplete titles are prohibited in the FCT, so you dont get closed (and banned after too many), besides that, yeah, i like her too!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 3,569 Arc User
    edited March 17
    As everyone else pointed out, your title is vague and incomplete. Which breaks forum rules and will either be moderated by a mod changing your title for you, or a mod shutting your thread down. Being as this is your first post, likely change it if you don't.

Something more like "I love Mirror Tilly" would have been more appropriate than your title.
    Now a LTS and loving it.

Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.

xp8s7wd.jpg
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 6,945 Arc User
    C'mon guys... this forum is over moderated enough without all you guys piling on. The moderators don't need your help.

Welcome to the forum OP, ignore all the back seat mods.
    wDYkQHL.jpg

Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
  • azrael605azrael605 Member Posts: 8,966 Arc User
    edited March 17
    Over moderated? This is the most lightly moderated online forum I have ever seen. All anyone here has done is (correctly) inform a new poster that as it stands his thread will be closed as soon as a mod looks at it unless he happens to catch one in the mood to change his thread title, which happens about 1 in 10 threads. Telling new posters to ignore known enforced rules is not helping the new person.
    #TASinSTO
    #IStandWithCBS
    #Discoveryrocks

edited March 17
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Over moderated? This is the most lightly moderated online forum I have ever seen.

Hilarious.

The best part is.. I can't even explain my point of view because it will be moderated. :lol:

Either way.. no need to jump on someone making their first post.
    wDYkQHL.jpg

• darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 1,516 Community Moderator
    First off OP welcome to the insanity of the forums :D .

As for the thing with vague thread titles, there's actually reasons vague titles are prohibited. Section 21 of the FCT list.

"21) Threads with Vague or Incomplete Thread Titles

These are not helpful to forum users, as the title doesn't communicate clearly the thread topic for users to find it, serving only as "click bait" and possible forum spam. They also make moderating difficult for the same reasons and in trying to keep threads on topic, especially in cases where the original post itself is also vague.

Moderators do not have time to go through such threads, attempt to discern/decipher the OP's intent, and change the thread title to something more appropriate. They MAY do this, but they are under no obligation to do so. Original posters may be given a heads up and an opportunity to change their thread titles within a reasonable amount of time (usually 24 hours), but failure to do so may result in a thread closure."

In a nutshell aside from making the jobs of the mod team more difficult, vague threads with incomplete titles are also a behavior of spam bots. They come in, post a vague title with the thread leading into something they're trying to sell or such 95% of the time. If we have several threads with titles like "I Think..., Oh no she didn't, Why did they," and things like that, it makes it more difficult to find threads if/when an issue arises, or even perhaps for general conversational posts we find interesting and want to add our own 2 cents to.
    [
    The best part is.. I can't even explain my point of view because it will be moderated. :lol:

People are allowed to give opinions provided they keep it civil and don't flame another user or the devs in the process. 95% of the time if/when a post is hit, it's not what was said, but how the user chose to say it. With that said, let's open that can of worms another day.

As for the original post now. Mirror Tilly is indeed awesome.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 3,569 Arc User
    I will say Mirror Tilly is much different from Tilly.

But as a female looking at her and her actions and mannerisms...I can't say I find her awesome. But that's my own opinion.
    Now a LTS and loving it.

Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.

xp8s7wd.jpg
    Telling new posters to ignore known enforced rules is not helping the new person.

That's fair.

But replying to someone's first post saying your 'thread title sucks,' isn't helpful either.

If it's someone that's been around and is supposed to know better.. then sure.. let it fly. I have no problem with educating a new poster, I just think we can go easy on people when they're new..that's all.
    wDYkQHL.jpg

• somtaawkharsomtaawkhar Member Posts: 5,311 Arc User
    edited March 17
    I liked Mirror Tilly in what little we have seen of her so far.

I hope Ambassador Kael gets his wish of a Mirror Tilly/Mirror Leeta meet up. Would be great to see the two either team up, or fight each other. All the hammy dialog would be great.
    On Topic.. I agree.. we definitely need more Mirror Tilly!
    wDYkQHL.jpg

• coldnapalmcoldnapalm Member Posts: 6,986 Arc User
    I find the story they introduced her on to be kinda terribad (hey you know that planet where we have assets we are suppose to protect...let's just let the terrans go over there and do what they want. Even with KDF firing at us, the moment they made a break for the planet with our own allies on it, the ISS Discovery should have been blown out if the sky.)...like on the level of hey let's help the kobali commit war crimes level of bad...but the character herself...yeah I like her. She is a fun little antagonist. I even liked Tilly in the essteedee tutorial. I don't think I would have finished that tutorial if she was not there.
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    the moment they made a break for the planet with our own allies on it, the ISS Discovery should have been blown out if the sky.
    And who would have done that when we were busy with the Klingons? Not to mention they had asked for asylum, and had made no moves to betray that intention.
    like on the level of hey let's help the kobali commit war crimes level of bad
    Which we didn't. We stopped the Vaadwaur from committing genocide on the Kobali, and once we discovered what the Kobali were doing we made them stop.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 8,194 Arc User
    There's really not much that they do. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!
    Judge Dan Haywood
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 4,810 Arc User
    Hm… I don’t know.

Well I agree that mirror Tilly is 5-7% less annoying than this universe Tilly but hey … that’s still 85% away from awesome. :|
    animated.gif
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,335 Arc User
    Mirror Tilly is an interesting character, turning a planet into a giant agoniser is genius
    blackadder_tribute_by_finchley.jpg

• azrael605azrael605 Member Posts: 8,966 Arc User
    Also Mirror Tilly is blonde because she dyes her hair, she's a natural redhead. So still a hot redhead in command, even if she is a bit young for me these days. Frankly I'd pick Wiseman over Masterson anyway.
    #TASinSTO
    #IStandWithCBS
    #Discoveryrocks

• reyan01reyan01 Member Posts: 12,172 Arc User
    edited March 18
    I find the story they introduced her on to be kinda terribad (hey you know that planet where we have assets we are suppose to protect...let's just let the terrans go over there and do what they want. Even with KDF firing at us, the moment they made a break for the planet with our own allies on it, the ISS Discovery should have been blown out if the sky.)...like on the level of hey let's help the kobali commit war crimes level of bad...but the character herself...yeah I like her. She is a fun little antagonist. I even liked Tilly in the essteedee tutorial. I don't think I would have finished that tutorial if she was not there.

That was one of the failings with the story in my opinion. We KNOW that the ISS Discovery had to return to it's own time (but NOT it's home universe), since we know that Admiral Cornwell found the remains of the ISS Discovery and mistook it for the USS Discovery (DSC episode "The War Without, The War Within").

The only real 'surprise' comes in the fact that Killy didn't return with her ship - but then, this came as no surprise from a non-story point-of-view; the devs always leave the 'voice work' door open.
    Post edited by reyan01 on
    3U3C0SJ.jpg

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 8,194 Arc User
    The walking dead on this Forum says otherwise.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!
    Judge Dan Haywood
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 5,766 Arc User
    We need more Tilly! Killy-Leeta team up? :D
  • littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 413 Arc User
    The main reason I like Killy is because she provides us with a character that's both recurring and that comes from the shows themselves. It's why I liked the evil Leela, and I somewhat suspect they're kind of written the same way, although as we get more Killy, I think they're allowing themselves a little bit of growth with the character, and that's great.
    Play my Foundry missions: Bob From Accounting Episodes 1&2
    For Klingons: For the Sake of the Empire
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting
  • bishop#7533 bishop Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    I love both Tilly's, I hope they can make an episode with Tilly and Leeta together. I think those two women will make for an exciting story.
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,335 Arc User
    Mirror Leeta and Killy fighting each other for dominance, I'd buy tickets to watch that fight
    blackadder_tribute_by_finchley.jpg

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,389 Arc User
    edited March 19
    The main reason I like Killy is because she provides us with a character that's both recurring and that comes from the shows themselves. It's why I liked the evil Leela, and I somewhat suspect they're kind of written the same way, although as we get more Killy, I think they're allowing themselves a little bit of growth with the character, and that's great.

I'm hoping they take her character in a different direction. After all we've spent a long time with Mirror Leeta and seen that arc to a conclusion. J'ula is also playing around with DSC-themed super weapons and has similar strengths when it comes to villainy (cunning, ruthless, resourceful, adept at using personal power, ect.) as to Killy. They have different styles and ultimate motivators but the narratives should diverge more (lest beg the question of why two arcs in AoD when one would accomplish the same story telling goal but with less downtime between major plot points. The displaced Klingons at Pahvo for example could have been written as J'ula-loyal forces exploiting the MU for the same goal as Killy. [who could have still had a cameo but with the less cursed inevitable betrayal in not having to immediately fill the villain role per those episodes. Leave that hanging like the sword of Damocles over her character's continued involvement.])

Plus the only person who could do the Killy v. Leeta arc justice is P_Sutherland of mirror wars, so might as well go with something else. :tongue:
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Last missions:
    Evolution's Smile [SSF:3-3]
    Epoch, Part 2 [AEI]
    Transcendence, Part 4
    Memorial Tour

For the latest Tardigrades and other creative output: @Gorgonops_SSF
    Looking for something new to play? The interactive Foundry Mission Database has you covered.
    edited March 19
    I'm hoping they take her character in a different direction. After all we've spent a long time with Mirror Leeta and seen that arc to a conclusion.
    Mirror Leeta's story isn't over.

Last we saw of her was a story blog where the Emperor tries to order her to stand down, and hand over command of the ISS Enterprise due to her failures. She blows up one of the ships that sides with the Emperor, getting the rest of her fleet back on her side, and reveals that she has stolen information from New Khitomer in the future to locate aliens the Terran Empire hasn't encountered yet, so she can get them as allies to overthrow the Mirror Emperor.

And Cryptic has said that the original plan for the post victory is Life story was a Mirror Leeta story arc that would close out her story, which is something they plan to get back to after AoD is over. I suspect said arc will also deal with the Pah-wraiths, given Mirror Leeta's connection to them, and since that was the one major plot point of the Cardassian arc that didn't make it into the revamp.
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,274 Arc User
    edited March 19
    echatty wrote: »
    I will say Mirror Tilly is much different from Tilly.

But as a female looking at her and her actions and mannerisms...I can't say I find her awesome. But that's my own opinion.

Yeah I feel you. But I understand her role. She's over-excitable to balance out the darker tone of the series.

I'd have a problem with her only if the series didn't feature strong women beside her, although even then Tilly is strong in her own right. If she was the token woman on the ship and was written like she is, that'd be a problem, but there's an array of different women filling different roles and being written uniquely. It all balances out.

Plus, I like that she doesn't have the typical acting body. We don't see many leading ladies in Trek who aren't perfectly fit. And that uniform just looks as great on her as it does anyone else. Finally Trek figured out not everyone needs to look the same!

Either way, she's a great character, and I really enjoy seeing her in the show. Was super excited to see her join STO too, and I can't wait to see where they take her!
    Also Mirror Tilly is blonde because she dyes her hair, she's a natural redhead. So still a hot redhead in command, even if she is a bit young for me these days. Frankly I'd pick Wiseman over Masterson anyway.

Masterson is still gorgeous though. Remember, she started acting as Leeta over 24 years ago, and she still rocks it today. I beg to age that gracefully.
    9wFo3P5.png
  • veruvas1veruvas1 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Yes! I loved mirror Tilly (and regular Tilly). I thought she did a great job with the voice work but it’s not just that. It seems like there was a little more care put into her animations and such. She feels more like a living breathing character than I’ve become accustomed to. Usually characters tend to be really stiff, almost wooden. I still giggle sometimes when I play the early quest lines...
    Definitely not the case here. Great work by both the devs and voice talent here. A+

And yeah, it’s refreshing to have a strong female character that isn’t going to fall over if the wind picks up for a change. She’s easily my favorite character on discovery next to Pike. Brave, caring, selfless, basically everything we should expect from a Leader. She does need to exercise a little more caution and restraint but meh, kinda just nitpicking now. Plenty of room to grow on the show.