test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Ship(need advice)

wmthoram#7588 wmthoram Member Posts: 45 Arc User
edited March 2019 in The Shipyard
I've been looking in the C-store. Should I buy the Support cruiser bundle which comes with a Klingon & Fed ship or The Recon bundle that has Klingon and fed ship. Or since I don't have a Klingon as of yet should I get the Europa battlecruiser for my discovery characters?

Comments

• Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    Both of those are solid bundles if you want the ships from them. Europa is bit lackluster, but if you really like the looks it's usable.

Another Discovery option is the Gagarin Miracle Worker Battlecruiser, which can be made to look like a Shepard class. Very nice Battlecruiser, even if it's a bit slow and has lower shields. The pack it's in isn't that great of a value (compared to packs like the Gamma Vanguard), so I wouldn't worry about breaking the pack and just getting that one ship. Then you can pick up what you want once you roll up a KDF (Qugh is great too).

Also, there are sales now and then on both bonus Zen when buying with real money as well as discounts on C-Store purchases. I'm not sure when it's likely to happen again, but something to consider.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I've been looking in the C-store. Should I buy the Support cruiser bundle which comes with a Klingon & Fed ship or The Recon bundle that has Klingon and fed ship. Or since I don't have a Klingon as of yet should I get the Europa battlecruiser for my discovery characters?

Just asking what you should buy is a little vague..

What do you want to do with the ship? Are you looking for a heavy damage dealer? A ship that can take a beating? Something more well rounded?

Are you using an Energy Weapon build? I assume so.. but do you use Beams or Cannons?

If you could give us a little more information as to what you're looking for, we could better guide you toward the best ship to fit that style. Ultimately, you should buy the ship that fits the style you're looking to play.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    I generally use beams. If I go with the Klingon/fed ship bundle I can use my coalition disruptors on a KDF took and my set of Targeting phasers from the new lock box on the Fed character.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Well, if you're going beams.. I assume you mean single beams and not dual beams.. then there really isn't a massive difference between these two packs for you.

The Recon ships are a better idea if you need the faster turn rate to keep weapons like Cannons or Dual Beam Banks on target, but if you're using single beams then this is far less of an issue.

Overall, they both make average beam boats, the Recon have a higher DPS ceiling while the Support ships are more durable. In the end, I would base the decision on which of those things you value more. The Support is a more well rounded ship, you can do some damage but you can also take it.. the Recon ships are a bit softer but hit a little harder. Aesthetics are a factor too.. you would consider which ship you think looks better.

I am not super high on any of them, but that's how it breaks down. If you really want a bundle that can perform at a high level, I recommend the T6 Cross Faction Battlecruiser Bundle over either.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    Thanks. I've had some friends get the new discovery ships and found that they don't work as well as they had hoped. I'll just keep saving till I get 3000 more Zen to get the battlecruiser bundle.
  • Options
    I especially like that the T6 Cross Faction Battlecruiser Bundle ships all have fleet versions. I've seen a lot of Arbiters
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    I especially like that the T6 Cross Faction Battlecruiser Bundle ships all have fleet versions. I've seen a lot of Arbiters

As one of the mods (I think it was Badmoon but I could be wrong) pointed out just a short while back, the C-store ships that don't have a Fleet version is because they basically are a Fleet version to begin with. Instead of having to buy a Fleet Ship module to get the Fleet version with added stats/console slot etc, they already have them stats right out of the box, they just don't have "Fleet" in their name. So, choosing a C-store ship based on whether there is a Fleet version or not isn't an issue. Cost wise, the better value are the ships without a Fleet version as they can be claimed by all eligible toons on an account as is without the added cost of a FSM per toon to then get the Fleet ship. Also, they can be infinitely reclaimed and retain thier mastery level, whereas if you accidentally discharge a Fleet ship, you then have to buy another FSM to get another one and have to start over again at zero on mastery.

Unless of course having the term "Fleet" in the ship description is of major importance to someone.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png