test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Keeping up with the Foundry after the Foundry (general PSA+preserved content)

duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,389 Arc User
Hey folks,
This thread isn't about the news. It's about what comes after. Streamers and other community members have done a lot over the years to promote and now preserve Foundry content. If you're a player who's simply played what they liked and are sad to see it go, this thread is dedicated to aggregating the various channels with Foundry content and providing those links to you and updating them as necessary. More of us are working to preserve more missions, and if you're out there with the video capture capability it would be strongly appreciated if you could both record what you're playing now and share it with the community here.

With that, here's the first go at providing a list of Foundry channels, liveplays, and other goodies.

Legion of Myth Team Ups
Largest repository of Foundry liveplays complete with voiced commentary with the MST3k bots of the Foundry community. This has been great fun, and while salty at times they loved the feature, its audience, and would have loved nothing more than to keep going indefinitely with this.


Yurzal's Foundry Frolics
https://www.youtube.com/user/Yuzral/search?query=foundry+frolics

Doug Glendower's Foundry adventures
https://www.youtube.com/user/DougGlendower/search?query=Foundry

Timberwolf's Foundry adventures
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTimberwolf1701/search?query=foundry

ZEF's Foundry adventures
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCono5Ua4Kq0wlW_nUTwzbLw/search?query=foundry

Foundry Roundtable liveplays

Foundry Roundtable was the prime podcast dedicated to the STO Foundry. We did a lot of Foundry liveplays with the full crew, commentary, and frequent decents into madness


Redditor "JemHadarFanboy"'s Foundry adventures
Community member who is contributing to the preservation of Foundry missions

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/ayobu4/one_mans_quest_to_save_the_foundry/

Foundry Roundtable episodes
All 200 of our weekly shows where we dove into the Foundry, STO, and news surrounding the same. We did lots of live builds, so here's your best continuing resource to see what the editor was like (and reminisce about old times.)


AmbassadorKael builds a Foundry mission!



Starbase UGC

Premier Foundry author collaboration group; we've got a site, fleet, and continuing creative projects
starbaseugc.com/

Foundrymissions.com
Repository of mission listings complete with screenshots and youtube links, managed by members of the Foundry community.

Foundry creative writing hub
Thread in the subforum dedicated to creative writing involving Foundry characters and missions
https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1222819/creative-writing-hub-for-the-foundry/p1

I'll post more as I find them and everyone here is welcome to share additional links. Again as we near the sunset it would mean a lot to authors if players with the hardware could record and share their work. Not everyone has the PC's to do that. So with that, thank you for years of the best community interactions I've seen in any multimedia format and here's to trying to carry that on through the years ahead.

(Duncan has plans)

PS. for mods: a sticky somewhere here or whatever the Foundry subforum becomes after the sunset would be appreciated. I'm hoping this can continue the good times for the general community as well as Foundry authors.
Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
Last missions:
Evolution's Smile [SSF:3-3]
Epoch, Part 2 [AEI]
Transcendence, Part 4
Memorial Tour

For the latest Tardigrades and other creative output: @Gorgonops_SSF
Looking for something new to play? The interactive Foundry Mission Database has you covered.

Comments

  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 33,320 Arc User
    I have a few Foundry videos on my personal channel as well. I'm going to make a playlist for them in the future.
    Here is my STO playlist:
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,389 Arc User
    edited March 8
    Adding one of my preservation community projects (which players can take home with them). Linked below is a google drive with tailor files. You can use it to load characters (submitted by authors) from Foundry missions onto your characters and bridge officers. Instructions for how are in the folder. This is a work in progress and will be updated whenever I get new submissions. Included to are biographies of each character and a general roster for easy sorting and links to continuing adventures and recorded liveplays.

    If you want a notable community creation for your crew (and aren't familiar with the Foundry mission yourself) you're still more than welcome to dig in. ;)

    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16Py8NJbtyy0lDVjB-qR8OGpDZHXII32Y?usp=sharing
    Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Last missions:
    Evolution's Smile [SSF:3-3]
    Epoch, Part 2 [AEI]
    Transcendence, Part 4
    Memorial Tour

    For the latest Tardigrades and other creative output: @Gorgonops_SSF
    Looking for something new to play? The interactive Foundry Mission Database has you covered.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 33,320 Arc User
    edited March 11
    https://www.deviantart.com/marhawkman/gallery/46640467/STO-Foundry
    almost forgot to link this, lots of pics of foundry stuff. Some are REALLY old.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,623 Arc User
    Probably next weekend I'm going to publish what's finished of "Bait and Switch, Part II", "The Hydra's Head", "Emendatio Erratarum Veterum" and film myself going through them on YouTube.
    "Two ways to view the world, so similar at times / Two ways to rule the world, to justify their crimes / By Kings and Queens young men are sent to die in war / Their propaganda speaks those words been heard before"
    — Sabaton, "A Lifetime of War"
    9MUythl.png
    (Vaporware thanks to Foundry shutdown. Thanks a frakking bunch, Cryptic.)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 8,194 Arc User
    So, we are talking about watching videos of the Foundry Missions, not actually running those Missions?

    VINA: But they found it's a trap. Like a narcotic. Because when dreams become more important than reality, you give up travel, building, creating. You even forget how to repair the machines left behind by your ancestors. You just sit, living and reliving other lives left behind in the thought record.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!
    Judge Dan Haywood
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,389 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    So, we are talking about watching videos of the Foundry Missions, not actually running those Missions?

    We're running them now while recording that gameplay and dialog so after the Foundry folks will have something to hold onto of their missions.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Last missions:
    Evolution's Smile [SSF:3-3]
    Epoch, Part 2 [AEI]
    Transcendence, Part 4
    Memorial Tour

    For the latest Tardigrades and other creative output: @Gorgonops_SSF
    Looking for something new to play? The interactive Foundry Mission Database has you covered.
  • mattjohnsonvamattjohnsonva Member Posts: 4,941 Arc User
    edited March 13
    This is a bit like making sure you have some video of your most loved relative as they lie at death's door, that's what it feels like to me, and probably why I feel no urge to do it, but in the end I will have to.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,623 Arc User
    > @mattjohnsonva said:
    > This is a bit like making sure you have some video of your most loved relative as they lie at death's door, that's what it feels like to me, and probably why I feel no urge to do it, but in the end I will have to.

    Well, you know, we could always make a Change.org petition and stick a link in at the end of our videos.

    (Not that it's likely to make much of a difference, but if someone wanted to make a promotion video we could add it to the petition page.)
    "Two ways to view the world, so similar at times / Two ways to rule the world, to justify their crimes / By Kings and Queens young men are sent to die in war / Their propaganda speaks those words been heard before"
    — Sabaton, "A Lifetime of War"
    9MUythl.png
    (Vaporware thanks to Foundry shutdown. Thanks a frakking bunch, Cryptic.)
  • mattjohnsonvamattjohnsonva Member Posts: 4,941 Arc User
    starswordc wrote: »
    > @mattjohnsonva said:
    > This is a bit like making sure you have some video of your most loved relative as they lie at death's door, that's what it feels like to me, and probably why I feel no urge to do it, but in the end I will have to.

    Well, you know, we could always make a Change.org petition and stick a link in at the end of our videos.

    (Not that it's likely to make much of a difference, but if someone wanted to make a promotion video we could add it to the petition page.)

    Yeah, waste of time, the only thing that will make the reevaluate their decision is a hit to the bottom line, that will probably take months to be seen if at all.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,389 Arc User
    edited March 15
    starswordc wrote: »
    > @mattjohnsonva said:

    Well, you know, we could always make a Change.org petition and stick a link in at the end of our videos.

    (Not that it's likely to make much of a difference, but if someone wanted to make a promotion video we could add it to the petition page.)

    If you want you can try to pursue that with the Starbase UGC folks. There's talk of making a Foundry documentary (with footage we're collecting now) where some "please try to keep the Foundry in mind for future developments" petition could be quite appropriately attached. Even if that doesn't ultimately result in the feature coming back, it would at least provide another demonstration that the content has emotional significance which could find recognition (ie. be of business use) in other ways (ex. utilizing Foundry content for easter egg cameos and thematic reinterpretations in main STO missions. Ex. In the Shadow of Midas, One Too Many, or the Mayns of Balnar Moon as inspiration for a similar minor arc or mission [taken on its own or adjusted to make use of DSC/Picard/Ect. content.] They're free to do it, it's in the EULA, and the reason why these missions are beloved isn't simply down to their UGC origin.)
    Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Last missions:
    Evolution's Smile [SSF:3-3]
    Epoch, Part 2 [AEI]
    Transcendence, Part 4
    Memorial Tour

    For the latest Tardigrades and other creative output: @Gorgonops_SSF
    Looking for something new to play? The interactive Foundry Mission Database has you covered.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 8,194 Arc User
    Get some of the Featured VO people to voice support for Foundry Missions.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!
    Judge Dan Haywood
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 33,320 Arc User
    starswordc wrote: »
    > @mattjohnsonva said:

    Well, you know, we could always make a Change.org petition and stick a link in at the end of our videos.

    (Not that it's likely to make much of a difference, but if someone wanted to make a promotion video we could add it to the petition page.)
    If you want you can try to pursue that with the Starbase UGC folks. There's talk of making a Foundry documentary (with footage we're collecting now) where some "please try to keep the Foundry in mind for future developments" petition could be quite appropriately attached. Even if that doesn't ultimately result in the feature coming back, it would at least provide another demonstration that the content has emotional significance which could find recognition (ie. be of business use) in other ways (ex. utilizing Foundry content for easter egg cameos and thematic reinterpretations in main STO missions. Ex. In the Shadow of Midas, One Too Many, or the Mayns of Balnar Moon as inspiration for a similar minor arc or mission [taken on its own or adjusted to make use of DSC/Picard/Ect. content.] They're free to do it, it's in the EULA, and the reason why these missions are beloved isn't simply down to their UGC origin.)
    Yeah good writing that makes a good story is something worth keeping no matter what.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,492 Arc User
    I am planning a relaunch/semi-reboot of my Foundry mission continuity as text-based STO fanfiction, revolving around my player characters and patterned somewhat after MCU's Avengers. I've started a portal blog for the project, which I have christened STO: The Peacemakers.
Sign In or Register to comment.