test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DIS Klingon customizations request (DIS Alien tailor options)

kellmg96#5851 kellmg96 Member Posts: 858 Arc User

Dear Cryptic could DIS klingons get some cranial jewelry options? Something along lines of the Kelvin ones, but not the same. (To keep it fair for those they have the Kelvin gear)
A few choices of piercings, along the forehead, or even along the back of the skull. Or even a couple new earring types.
I redact NOTHING
bvpbRd1.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    No. Because it's for Klingons. You'll get the absolute minimum possible and like it.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    There's really only one instance of any kind of adnornment like what you describe in Discovery.
    high_council_discovery.jpg
    Don't really know how that would fit in though because it isn't something that can really be worn into combat.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    No. Because it's for Klingons. You'll get the absolute minimum possible and like it.​​

Pretty much!
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Don't really know how that would fit in though because it isn't something that can really be worn into combat.

Same applies to many other outfits currently in game, but they can be worn in combat. So what is already in game invalidates that argument.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,248 Community Moderator
    That would be cool, but we need the face paint, too. :mrgreen:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    I'd love an actual KT Klingon look. Giving us the ridge pattern doesn't do much. You can't get the skin colour, nose that's ridgeless at the top but is on the sides, split at the front, pointed ears (and not bloody melted like the DSC ones).
    0*2W-WdwIAIot0GnSV.jpg

In fact, come to think of it, we can't make any Klingon visual look except TOS properly.

We lack the many head ridges of the TOS film Klingons, their smooth noses, and their hairstyles. Can't make TNG-ENT ones because we lack their ridges, fangs, hairstyle (the single hairstyle TNG-ENT Klingons have and only Martok has it ingame). Can't make KT Klingons for reasons above, and can't make DSC Klingons.

And that's on top of exactly one canon Klingon costume or uniform being 100% reproducible ingame (KT greatcoats) because Cryptic has certain things locked to NPCs or didn't bother with at all.

Worf in his TNGS1 uniform seen in AGT is the only Klingon that can be 100% recreated ingame. I say AGT because only his TNGS7 ridges are available and not his S1 ones.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jr20mb13jr20mb13 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    i do hope we get everything dsc klingon, clan paints, the different house armors, the different head ridges etc. i know that its only a matter of time for the actual heads, i just hope they dont cheap out on the costumes. the other house costumes from the show and what you see in game on enemy dsc era klingons are great.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,248 Community Moderator
    I want that beard! :mrgreen:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    That is quite an handsome beard, I must say.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

Heh, I beg Your pardon? Bling can easily be worn in a very stylish and fashionable way in battle.
    -With kind regards from The Vixens...

/Floozy
This discussion has been closed.