test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

QOL suggestion: Calibrate Tricorder for specific objects

angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
I was at SFA, hunting for Omega particles. Usually it's not a problem to take out the tricorder (default V) and get a pointer where my target is. However, one thing made the process difficult: The tricorder showed me the nearest Q, signpost or contact. Same thimg happens during missions should you scan for crafting materials - it'll show you every container or console first.

It'd be nice to calibrate the tricorder for specific things: Materials, Items, Enemies, Omega particles etc.
lFC4bt2.gif
^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
"No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
"A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
"That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Very much this. In canon, tricorders are always used to scan for something specific, life signs, energy sources, metals etc, nowhere in canon do I remember them ever using a tricorder and stating, "yes, there's all kinds of TRIBBLE everywhere, I have no idea what is what so now lets go look at them all until we (maybe) find what we want."
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Count me in on this! I can't find Omegas at ESD because of it pointing at the Exchange all the time.

Also, could you please, please relegate those docking popups to a button on the sidebar, like at ESD? It gets really annoying when I'm at Drozana, SB K-7, SB 39 and DS9 to have that window pop up in my face, asking if I want to dock after I've already told them "No!"
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    theboxisredtheboxisred Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    This.

I'll elaborate.

This. Right here. Do this thing.
This discussion has been closed.