test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Junior Officer Weekend!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Earn Bonus Commendation XP this weekend by completing Duty Officer Assignments on all platforms!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11068173

Comments

• captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I was wondering when this event would come back :)
  • meadowvale#0505 meadowvale Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    So, did I miss this already? Its only January 30th.
    QUOTE From Thursday, January 17th at 9AM PST to Monday, January 21st at 10am, UNQUOTE
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    From Thursday, January 17th at 9AM PST to Monday, January 21st at 10am...
    @ambassadorkael#6946 I know our captains have been doing more that their share of timetravel but do you now honestly expect the players to travel back in time as well?
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Pointing out the Blog scheduling error in this Thread has certain benefits.

My Discovery Character can use the Exocomp and maybe a VR or two. I will also check my Jem'Hadar Gamma Recruit to verify the Exocomp.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    lol @ the dates in the blog post... tee hee hee
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • trekkie78#7381 trekkie78 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Going to be crowded at the academy with the anniversary event mission currently going on there.
  • hivercidehivercide Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Yes, the dates make me wonder a bit also....announcing the upcoming dates a week after they end is.....odd, to say the least. Can we get some sort of official response, as to when the correct dates are supposed to be?
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    hivercide wrote: »
    Yes, the dates make me wonder a bit also....announcing the upcoming dates a week after they end is.....odd, to say the least. Can we get some sort of official response, as to when the correct dates are supposed to be?

I would say: Check the Game when it comes back up. The in-game calendar seems to be keeping track better than the news blogs and forum posts, lately.

I am not sure where the communication breakdown is happening.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • corwinsilvercorwinsilver Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    It's good to know how much they pay attention to these forums. And the Facebook feeds. 2 days and the dates are still off....
    They rarely edit the News Blog regardless. They will make corrections within these Threads but not the actual Announcement Blog.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    OOO I like that game at the Academy where you scan those glowing particles. :)

Only problem is: which to do this weekend... Omegas or Academy? I don't have time to do both. And they are both fun in their own way.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    I am only doing the Particle stuff on my new Discovery Character. Picked up Exocomp too. Will do three VR Doffs, one each Tac, Science, and Engineering.

Doing it today I ran into a Female Romulan Tal'Shiar outfitted. While running toward a Particle, I slid past it and she got it. This kept occurring and I noticed I was being pelted by a snowball. She seemed to be using something to speed her running up, but not Frosted Boots. She griefed me quite a few times then I didn't see her any more. She probably finished up her I'll-gotten gains.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Going to be crowded at the academy with the anniversary event mission currently going on there.

Oh wow, excellent point. Congestion galore.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    I am only doing the Particle stuff on my new Discovery Character. Picked up Exocomp too. Will do three VR Doffs, one each Tac, Science, and Engineering.

Doing it today I ran into a Female Romulan Tal'Shiar outfitted. While running toward a Particle, I slid past it and she got it. This kept occurring and I noticed I was being pelted by a snowball. She seemed to be using something to speed her running up, but not Frosted Boots. She griefed me quite a few times then I didn't see her any more. She probably finished up her I'll-gotten gains.
    Was it a science officer? There's a fun science kit module for running faster. Also if you think that's griefing.,.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    Don't know. Well, not really griefing. Just a knucklehead who has no scruples.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    I turned Feds into Fek'lhri...and had the Tailor go attack it. LOL!

I once dressed one of my characters in the Starfleet academy uniform to make it harder for other players to identify me in a crowd. :p

Realistically, this event is a competition with other players. It's kinda like non-combat open-world PvP. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User

Several ground specs & rep traits boost your running speed.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    I once dressed one of my characters in the Starfleet academy uniform to make it harder for other players to identify me in a crowd. :p

Realistically, this event is a competition with other players. It's kinda like non-combat open-world PvP. :p

Not really, who wants to wast that much time to get a doff? I did this thing twice. Both were a reminder of the fact, it's just not worth bothering with.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    edited February 2019
    trennan wrote: »
    Not really, who wants to wast that much time to get a doff? I did this thing twice. Both were a reminder of the fact, it's just not worth bothering with.

I spent the weekend doing it...to get DOFFs for a couple of my characters. LOL! But I was, also, testing out combinations of Kit Modules on the Feds Holographs that spawned.

I had fun, practice, and purple DOFFs at the same time.

And fortuitous for me...this morning I had that "get 20,000 physical damage on Ground" Endeavor going on my Ferengi...while she was collecting Academy particles....and got an Endeavor Box out of it. :) She was done with the Endeavor before she was done collecting 75 particles, too.

Leck's Throwing Knives coupled with Sonic Disruption....for physical damage on a Sci on Ground, BTW. You don't need anything fancy for all those Endeavors. https://sto.gamepedia.com/Science_Kit_Module_-_Sonic_Disruption
    Post edited by where2r1 on

edited February 2019
    I ended up with four VRs on my Discovery Character. Most ever on a Character during this Event. Never had a problem after that Romulan.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Yeah I did it twice. Once on my Jem'Hadar, once on my Discovery guy.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • anubis0sarvouranubis0sarvour Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    I wish I had better notice of this, as I was not aware of it until the last day, and was too late to get to alts that needed the event to complete the Mission: Reinforcements. When is the next one? I really don't want to have to wait another year...
    3fe5520084f54ba06a859d0b2c824e771701473049.png
    The Borg Assimilator
    Live Long and Prosper.🖖[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.