test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vulcan uniform?

wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
Does anyone know what parts were used to create the Vulcan uniforms in "Illusion of Communication"? Are those items even available?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    > @wilv said:
    > Does anyone know what parts were used to create the Vulcan uniforms in "Illusion of Communication"? Are those items even available?

Parts that aren’t available to players ☹️
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    You know... there was talk YEARS ago about racial badges I think.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    Yeah, we need those uniforms. :smiley:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    If I can't have racial uniforms I'd be fine with having badges for all the major species in the game for that suit the UFP president wore (and was given to players in that FE) at least for the major UFP species/allies if that outfit isn't avaible for KDF or allies of them.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I spent some time pondering it since they're NPCs with special costumes. One of them is actually wearing the Troi top mixed with a different everything else. Now I feel the need to make pictures.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    I'd also like to have some of the Vulcan robes and outfits we've seen on Enterprise and TNG too.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

Ok replayed the mission, there is ONE thing that stuck out. The Vulcan security team have IDIC symbol combadges. The rest seems to be weird combinations of stuff we already have. And by weird I mean kit parts with civilian outfits, also Romulan specific stuff on a Fed outfit.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    Ok replayed the mission, there is ONE thing that stuck out. The Vulcan security team have IDIC symbol combadges. The rest seems to be weird combinations of stuff we already have. And by weird I mean kit parts with civilian outfits, also Romulan specific stuff on a Fed outfit.

It's possible that those romulan specific items are meant to be "vulcan specific" that share similarities with romulan designs, there's is after all quite a lot similarities between vulcan and romulan designs and both Romulans and Vulcans are very long lived so it's possible the native designs didn't evolve that much apart since the romulan exodus.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    The Vulcan security team top looks new, though.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    The Vulcan security team top looks new, though.
    The first time I looked at it I was like "that's different, maybe?" and wrote it off as a color variant of an existing jacket. But the more I look at it the more interesting it looks. The cloth of the actual top has a ribbed texture and has shoulder pads. It looks similar to many existing costumes, but isn't exactly the same as any of them. The Jacket and badge are the only new parts AFAIK though. The kit parts aren't new, the pants are Kobali, and the boots are tall loose.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
This discussion has been closed.