test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

All my Blondes Hair has either turn Gray or white

starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
All my Blondes Hair has either turn Gray or white. I know you mess with the texture LOL why does Tilly get to have Blonde hair and all mine change?

Comments

• ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I have the same issue all my blondes are no longer blondes the colour is more straw/hay like with a tint of green. Also my Orions green is screwed up as well

after
    84bUrI3.jpg

before
    GlYMjyB.jpg
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Yeah, my Vucan's pale pink hair is completely white, now.

I have all sorts of subtle color changes all over my characters, BOFFs and costumes.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    It's probably this - https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11073633-updates-to-hair-and-skin-textures

Start a thread in the Bug Reports forum. Before and after shots might help them.
    Obviously.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The new hair textures are definitely of a duller, grayer color, that badly accentuates the limited nature of the allowed color palette. It's basically impossible to recreate the brighter hair colors I used to have, regardless of what color I choose in the tailor. The choice is now either dark or gray. I don't like it.
    It's probably this - https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11073633-updates-to-hair-and-skin-textures

Start a thread in the Bug Reports forum. Before and after shots might help them.
    Unfortunately, it's a bit hard to get before shots...after.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    But hey - the game probably runs better (higher framerate) now on the PS4, right? ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    We need a place to commiserate with other players...who are looking at long days in the tailor.

edited January 2019
    Maybe, instead of opening a thread in Bug Reports, there should be a thread opened in "The Art of...." folder.

But if you do open one over there....be sure to leave a link here so we know it is moved. As it is not one of the folders I follow.

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,313 Community Moderator
    They're looking at rolling it back. No need to tweak anything in the Tailor.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    I have the same issue all my blondes are no longer blondes the colour is more straw/hay like with a tint of green. Also my Orions green is screwed up as well

after
    84bUrI3.jpg

before
    GlYMjyB.jpg

LOL talking about an IMPROVEMENT to the game pig-28.gif​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
    I was taking a closer look at all my characters by scrolling through the Character Select screen and zooming in on them.

ALL of them seem to have lost the selection that aged them. Not all my characters or BOFFs are young bucks....some have time and experience on them. LOL!

edited January 2019
    Ok hopefully a better comparison on the hair and even skin tone changes

Before
    GlYMjyB.jpg
    After
    5Iiqvja.jpg?1

maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Well, i like the changes, but surely are some glitches, hope they fix them soon..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
    edited January 2019

Before
    GlYMjyB.jpg
    After
    5Iiqvja.jpg?1

Seriously? You've made huge changes to the costume and apparently set your screen resolution down to 640x480. Did you also install a graphics card from 2005?

If this was meant as a joking post, it needed a smiley or six.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,362 Arc User
    I didn't know Krypton was a member world of the Federation...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    I didn't know Krypton was a member world of the Federation...
    It's not a member of anything since it got blown up.

But Earth is. :D
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You've been collecting too many Omega Particles. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited January 2019

Before
    GlYMjyB.jpg
    After
    5Iiqvja.jpg?1

Seriously? You've made huge changes to the costume and apparently set your screen resolution down to 640x480. Did you also install a graphics card from 2005?

If this was meant as a joking post, it needed a smiley or six.

The resolution got screwed as I cropped the picture, took a full screenie on the smaller picture to fit more of her in, where the other picture was closer and needed less cropping i didn't realise it

yC7QPvi.jpg
    maR4zDV.jpg

edited January 2019
    It's still a little hard to compare since the costume is different and the lighting is quite different. It would be better if you took the "after" pic in the same location on ESD with the bright light shining down.

It might not be worth the effort if the devs are going to revert this.
  • conradhauserconradhauser Member Posts: 143 Arc User

I had to figure out how I could work around what was already in the game and add in the new functions I needed without breaking anything.

well that didn't work

It might not be worth the effort if the devs are going to revert this.

If the Dev's are rolling it back then there's no point at the moment, its just a shame that they tried to make a nice Space Barbie improvement to the game but once again that thing called Quality Control lets them down and they have to rollback and redo the improvements.

maR4zDV.jpg

Which top is she wearing in the after example? I have not seen this one.

where2r1 wrote: »
    Which top is she wearing in the after example? I have not seen this one.

The top she is wearing is from the Terran Reputation armor set
    maR4zDV.jpg

• laetexbunslaetexbuns Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    It's not only the hair colorings either. 7of9 and other crisp shiny outfits look matte, nasty and dull. Leather looks like a flat cloth, dull color with no sheen or shine, armor appears plastic in appearance. Boots are dull with no shine. Gloves like the intel look dull and flat. All hair colorings are off in the tailor so that we can't get what we want anymore and if you have pink forget it, green, purple, blue etc...expect the eyebrows to be the same color as the hair, an old bug that has returned, yay Mr. Quinn!
    syW94ht.jpg
  • naomy1701naomy1701 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    definitly needs some fixing, the idea is nice and good and all, but why has it always to end up so desasterous, is there no QC before they roll it out? there would be alot less work afterwards if it would be tested a pre release.
    (Edit: Soft Pink is now grey dulled, Black is either blue shiny or grey shiny, and all between is either to dull and dark on bright spectrum, and to bright and shiney for dark side of the spectrum. also leather and etc is absolute mat and looks like fabric instead, and the Fur on KDF outfits looks like its a print now, it looked realy realisticaly before)

and besides that, the new Empire uniform outfit boots are glitching, even if used with the pants that come in that set, not to talk about what happens when u try to use it with a skirt... it falls appart, more holes then swiss cheese.. pls fix that, its a shame that we after so long finaly get nice boots again, and then they are glitched to the extreme =(
    and it cost a good bit to get that outfit, not like we pay 550 Zen once and have it for all toons, we need to buy it for 200 Lobi or 60mil ec PER CHAR...

sorry if i sound overly negative, i love STO and play for over 6 years, every day, and all i wish for is to have things tested before they get trown at us, so we dont have to endure several fixes and updates and server downtimes afterwards until it finaly becomes close to what it was supposed to be from the beginning...
  • starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I see they Moved this Discussion, I hope they Fix this at the Tailor for better Looking Blonde hair.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,455 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    For those talking about Quality Control, check their job postings on the Cryptic Studios website, it shows they are hiring in that area the last time I checked. On the characters I logged on to, I liked the blacker hair on my Bajoran male and like how my main character looks like currently. Haven't checked out what my other characters look like on ground. I don't think they should revert the change but fix the problems that it revealed and do it better. I do think that one of the season updates needs to be Tailor 2.0. Make it so, Cryptic! Do a thorough job. Also, the developers need to find what the source code of Star Trek Online in, it would help those artists to make changes that do not break aspects of the game. Also, proof-read things before they are coded in like the word episodes in the new loading screen for Mirror of Discovery. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • jenicazarinajenicazarina Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    A lot of us spend a lot of time and money on outfits and slots. We lovingly go over every single color and slider to ensure that we have the best looking characters for our game. So it is a bit of a slap in the face to suddenly find our captains now look over 40 years older and with gray hair!

Please roll back this well intentioned but ultimately horrifying fix to a problem that wasn't there. Thank you.
    Resistance is never futile!

800S3a8.jpg
    We lovingly go over every single color and slider to ensure that we have the best looking characters for our game. So it is a bit of a slap in the face to suddenly find our captains now look over 40 years older and with gray hair!

I had the opposite problem...as in everyone I made to look older, got younger. LOL!
    And scars are the wrong color, or something, too. I have to check everyone wearing the Klingon-bling ridges to make sure I can still see the piercings on their skin tones.

++++++++++++++++++

All we have is a tweet from Twitter....someone copied it to one of the threads...but that is not confirmation they are going to revert these changes back. My Fleet Leader says that does not mean a thing and nothing will come of it.

(If I find that post about the Twitter thing while browsing the Forums this morning....I will come back here quote it over here).

++++++++++++++++++
    The top she is wearing is from the Terran Reputation armor set

Thank you! I have to look in that Rep Store!!
    I haven't even looked at Kit Modules, yet. LOL!

+++++++++++++++++++++

Also, I clicked on the star in the corner of this thread....does that send me notifications when someone makes a comment on it?