test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Inviting to fleet base - not sure if this is a bug or me messing up?

aeternusdoleoaeternusdoleo Member Posts: 39 Arc User
edited January 2019 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I'm trying to invite a friend to my fleet base in order to get a new ship from the fleet menu. My own fleet is higher ranked then his, so has more options including the ship he wants:
- Friend starts on ESD. I'm in the Fleet Starbase in the Tactical wing.
- I invite the friend via the "Invite someone" button. I have the appropriate permissions to do this for my own fleet.
- My friend gets the popup about the invite and accepts. He gets teleported to the Ops level on the Fleet Starbase, at the transporter pad where you normally spawn in.
- The ship purchase interface is at the Tactical level, so he walks to the turbolift and goes to the Tactical level.
- He ends up at the Tactical level. But in the fleet base of his own fleet. He does not join me at the Tactical level of *my* fleet base.
- Going back to Ops takes him to Ops on his own Fleet Starbase.

I tried inviting him again and can get him back to Ops. I tried teaming up with him, then going through the turbolift first. I go to the tac level on my own base, he does not and goes to his base instead.

Is this normal, or is this a bug? Am I messing something up? Or is there somewhere else fleet guests can acquire ships from other fleets?
... forget your fears. And want no more...

Ex-PWI player (Dawnglory): Ulsyr (BM 104/104/103)
Now on STO. More fun there.

Comments

• Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Oh, that happened to me the other day, too. I got invited to @ichaerus1 Fleet Dilithium mine....when I went up to the second floor. Then I came back down....I could not find him. Turned out I was at my own Fleet Dilithium mine.

OOPs....second floor of the Fleet Dilithium mine, I loaded a different map or instance...hence it put me in my own fleet. Not his. So, changing maps at the invited fleet does this.

Now, I have heard people get invited to other fleets to buy ships, but it has been a long while since I have heard of anyone doing this. I have never done it. And I wonder, with these experiences.....HOW they are doing it??

Does anyone know for sure???
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin