test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mission Contacts

sukhothaisukhothai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
So there I am, updating my Reputations and all of the sudden, I get 10 Mission contacts popping up out of no where, trying to give ma a mission. It is really annoying when I am trying to do something else, like trying to do a mission and I get randomly contacted.

Comments

• arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Two ways of stopping them. You can turn off all auto-hails, but that will also stop other notifications that you might not want to miss. or you can go through and skip every single mission (there are some that you can not skip, you'll have to actually play those). Once you have skipped every single skippable mission, you will no longer receive any of those pesky mission contacts.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • sukhothaisukhothai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    Auto hails are turned off.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Ugh..skipping all the missions have its own problems, too.

As all the skipped missions and TFOs in my Ferengi "Episodes" list now show up under the "Available" tab. Though I can still access them from "Episoeds".

Her "Available" tab listing is 10 miles long.

I do not know why the new Mission Journal is acting this way. I know those missions and TFOs are available to use...I skipped them.

+++++++++++++++++++++
    sukhothai wrote: »
    Auto hails are turned off.

You are probably experiencing some form of this stuff...caused by another reset of the mission journal:

From Kael's post in the thread about the Patch Notes from the 17th.....
    Quick note: The rollback change from being able to play any mission you want, whenever you want, is not likely permanent. As I mentioned on the stream tonight, the way it was working would lead to brand new players getting tons of auto-hails and seeing 40 missions the first time they met Quinn or J'mpok. We're working on a fix so that you can still play any mission wherever, but if you're new, you won't get overwhelmed by seeing all of them at once. That should hopefully come soon, but until then, going back to "skip to whatever mission you want to play" was the best compromise.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/comment/13462858
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Ugh..skipping all the missions have its own problems, too.

As all the skipped missions and TFOs in my Ferengi "Episodes" list now show up under the "Available" tab. Though I can still access them from "Episoeds".

Her "Available" tab listing is 10 miles long.

I do not know why the new Mission Journal is acting this way. I know those missions and TFOs are available to use...I skipped them.

It's acting this way because it's always acted this way. Any mission that you are able to play, but have not yet actually played is listed in the Available tab. That usually meant the next mission in line, including new ones that were released, but it also has always included skipped missions. It being a surprise to people really shows how relatively unused and unnoticed the Available tab's contents were prior to the revamp.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Ah ha....that explains it. I never skipped around the episode missions because I either, never did them... or because I did the new ones as they were always unlocked for the Events.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin