test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Launcher crashes on 'Engage' and black screen in client

Unfortunately, it is as it sounds. This started to happen to me again after recent patches, everything worked alright while Winter Event was running.

Had this problem before, with Cryptic's messed up 64bit version, I was using 32bit setting in launcher to bypass this, however 32bit option no longer appears, as if devs removed it for good. I checked last few patch notes and none mentions 32bit launch option removal, so I guess I either do something wrong or devs removed it under everyone's noses secretly.

I would be really grateful if someone could give me some tips how to try launch it in 32bit again cause as it stands, I won't be able to play at all otherwise. I am seriously pissed cause there's another Voucher event, Anniversary one should be coming and I'll miss it due to incompetence from dev side.

Error log for dev interest (I doubt they even care at this point):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LnabydPBObZ6-alwT5qCpJoTTPiY1M1Y/view?usp=sharing

EDIT: Managed to bypass 64bit version by toying with files in between 32bit and 64 bit folders. Works fine now but that doesn't change the fact this issue was common months back and still is to some people.

Comments

• fahlthurfahlthur Member Posts: 4 New User
    May I ask what you specifically did to get it to function? I'm having the exact same problem and can't figure out a way to address the issue.
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Although I have not been experiencing problems, I would like to echo @fahlthur , please post exactly what you did that fixed the problem, or as much detail as you can remember anyway. It could be extremely helpful to others who are experiencing that problem.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png