test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is Captain Killy holding the Sword of Greyskull in her pic?

nixbooxnixboox Member Posts: 1,041 Arc User
If we're having a Masters of the Universe cross-over I want to know about it! In another pic it looks a bit like the Sword of Omens too. If we're having a Thundercats cross-over I want to know about it!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    LOL!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Makes sense. ST:D stole ideas from a bunch of other sci-fi works, so why not cartoons too? lol!!!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Looks more like Conan's sword to me. :p Compare:
    8f88c83862ceb5e9ae2d31f8079467e51547518170.jpg
    conan%2Bthe%2Bbarbarian.jpeg
    for comparison:
    hemanpg1.jpg
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    Well, I've already seen several Cyclops' from the X-men cross over, so i wouldn't doubt it. It's totally the he-man sword
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    I don't see it with Conan's sword. Sorry.
    Conan's sword doesn't even look like it has a fuller, which is the groove down the middle of the blade, and the crossguard is a totally different shape.

I'd say its closer to the Fate anime Prototype Excalibur, used by the non genderbent King Arthur.
    254?cb=20151017015519

Conan's sword is not ornate at all. Its simple and practical. Barbarians don't typically want flashy. They want something that gets the job done.
    Meanwhile the Emperor's Sword is basically a status symbol. An ornament that can double as a weapon. Its flashy, ceremonial, yet functional. Basically says "Whoever wields this sword has power".
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Well, Conan's sword wasn't forged by Conan himself or by other barbarians. He actually looted it. Or he did in the movie anyways.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Some good shots and behind the scenes info for the original prop. ;)

http://trekcore.com/blog/2018/01/a-closer-look-at-star-trek-discovery-emperor-georgiou-sword-prop/
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    Huh... the pommel is actually flat... wasn't expecting that...
    And the first version had a longer hilt and reversed crossguard...

Yea... the one that they actually used makes more sense.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    My first thought was the He-Man sword as well.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I think it actually looks more like something from Zelda, or maybe Warcraft.

But heck, if they add a loin cloth costume piece i'll happily have my toon run about as Conan or He-Man when he's in the field!
    SulMatuul.png
  • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    It's the Sword Of Omens from Thundercats. Even has the red eye-jewel.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    It looks like a lot of swords, because a lot of swords look like a lot of swords.

Only really weird swords look totally unique.
  • zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    It looks like a lot of swords, because a lot of swords look like a lot of swords.

Only really weird swords look totally unique.

lol

very true
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    My first thought was He-Man. My second was "Thundercats Ho!"
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    I think it actually looks more like something from Zelda, or maybe Warcraft.

Huh... now that you mention it...

14678588119e865c6ef9e39b62dda817b5f56375c1.jpg

Does look a bit like King Llane's sword from the movie.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    Makes sense. ST:D stole ideas from a bunch of other sci-fi works, so why not cartoons too? lol!!!

Star Trek has been appropriating various ideas from old serials, films, and even cartoons since TOS. Why should ST: D be any different. Hell TNG started stealing old Brady Bunch and Family Ties plots to a Tee - only they were now done on a Ship...IN SPACE!
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    I was thinking more along the sword from
    Armored Fleet Dairugger XV

aka "Vehicle Voltron" Loved Dairugger
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    I was thinking more along the sword from
    Armored Fleet Dairugger XV

aka "Vehicle Voltron" Loved Dairugger
    MP_VV52.jpg
    I definitely see a similarity.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • pomonagrange#3097 pomonagrange Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    Captain Killy replies: "As long as we're in agreement that it's definitely not a metallic lightsaber, does it really matter which sword we copied? They used to say that if you copied from more than five sources, it was called research. So - we did some research. Deal with it."
  • jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
    Captain Killy replies: "As long as we're in agreement that it's definitely not a metallic lightsaber, does it really matter which sword we copied? "

So..... Sulu's sword in JJTrek?
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    jslyn wrote: »
    Captain Killy replies: "As long as we're in agreement that it's definitely not a metallic lightsaber, does it really matter which sword we copied? "

his was a collapsible kitana, I think.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    Warhammer 40k powersword. That is all.
  • kryptoherokryptohero Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    What I never understood is why a sword from the 24th-25th century would look like an ancient sword, I mean sword-chucks surely should've been invented by now right?
    kryptohero wrote: »
    What I never understood is why a sword from the 24th-25th century would look like an ancient sword, I mean sword-chucks surely should've been invented by now right?
    Because Georgiou thought it looked cool. Also she has that giant homing shuriken for the enemies that don't want to hold still.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    Because Georgiou thought it looked cool. Also she has that giant homing shuriken for the enemies that don't want to hold still.

O.K. I want THAT.
    I imagine it comes with 100% accuracy.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    jslyn wrote: »

his was a collapsible kitana, I think.

Isn't that sword more like a sabre in design then a katana?
This discussion has been closed.