I AM THE HARBINGER OF HOPE!
I AM THE SWORD OF THE RIGHTOUS!

dark_dreadnaught_by_insane_randomness-d5z6ydl.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    What were you streaming?
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • insanerandomnesinsanerandomnes Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    What were you streaming?

Klingon storyline missions, missions that have been in the game now for seven years at least. Blood of the Empire to be specific.

coldnapalm wrote: »
    They are disinclined to acquiesce to your request. Instead they will lock this thread as it is against the ToS to say mean things about the devs. Even if I personally find such censorship to be bad taste. That is not to be confused with they can't do it if they want to...but I personally find it to be bad taste and when companies do it, I am less inclined to look favorably on them...or to spend money with them. They use to be much more free on the forum...but it is something they are cracking down on. So...yeah don't expect much.

I fully expect this to be locked. Sorta needed to vent.

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Why wouldn't they lock an insult-filled rant?

There's a bug report subforum for calm and polite reporting of bugs, where grown-ups post details of their problem to help QA reproduce it.
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    Well they are fixing a bunch of bugs, with tomarrows patch. So hopefully they are working on more bug fixes.
    edited January 2019

There's a bug report subforum for calm and polite reporting of bugs, where grown-ups post details of their problem to help QA reproduce it.

I have been patient for years. But everyone has a breaking point.
    Potentially though, it might be constructive to try to fix problems instead of locking them away and ignoring them by sticking their fingers in their ears and going, "Lalalalalala, not listening..."

Besides, there have been huge issues in the game for years now, and they seem completely complacent about them.

edited January 2019

Potentially though, it might be constructive to try to fix problems instead of locking them away and ignoring them by sticking their fingers in their ears and going, "Lalalalalala, not listening..."

Besides, there have been huge issues in the game for years now, and they seem completely complacent about them.

Some issues they might not be able to fix, that easy and they have like 31 devs to work on everything. Plus they do have to make new content. Sometimes they will go back when they can and fix things when they have the time. Cryptic is a small company, that has three or four mmos they have to work on. They are making a new mmo right now from what we know. So basically how much resources they can place into things. Can be limited or very limited you can see this by them adding in like two new episodes. Hopefully with discovery klingon models as well and other races for the discovery faction. But I wouldn't hold my breath on them being added. I just hope they are especially the Klingon models we can do without more discovery faction races till later updates. But am I hoping for the new Klingon Models.
  • risian6#1997 risian6 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    Well this thread and its opening post are interesting.

Did I say interesting? I meant 'of no use to anyone'.
    Formerly known as Risian4. Risian6 is my new PS4-account. Fleetcaptain5 is my main PC account. I hope to actively play again on PC in a few months.

Now that that's made clear... on to the next issue: when are playable Voth coming, and where's are my T7 Vesta and C-store purchasable real life shuttle? :)
    edited January 2019

Well it is useful in a way to explain things, as I don't think he understands how limited cryptics resources are compared to other AAA Mmos. They have a lot of work they have to do and well might not be able to go after every bug. Main reason they only have so many developers to do everything.

That's what people always shout here, that there are 'game breaking bugs' and such.

But you know what? I've played this game for six or seven years now and I have yet to encounter such a 'game breaking bug' (that is, a game breaking bug that still exists; there have been some in the past, but the truly game breaking stuff was always fixed almost immediately with emergency maintenance).

Sure, there are annoying bugs. But none of them are game breaking, those that were have not been in the game for like longer than 24 hours. And they do fix stuff. In fact, there are a ton of bug fixes coming tomorrow.
    Formerly known as Risian4. Risian6 is my new PS4-account. Fleetcaptain5 is my main PC account. I hope to actively play again on PC in a few months.

Now that that's made clear... on to the next issue: when are playable Voth coming, and where's are my T7 Vesta and C-store purchasable real life shuttle? :)

Well it is useful in a way to explain things, as I don't think he understands how limited cryptics resources are compared to other AAA Mmos. They have a lot of work they have to do and well might not be able to go after every bug. Main reason they only have so many developers to do everything.

I doubt that someone who complains that he has to play and stream a 'dumb game' is really eager to learn much. The OP doesn't come off as very reasonable.

Anyway, just to make clear; my previous comment was directed at the OP. I did not mean that your comment or those of anyone else were useless.

edited January 2019

I doubt that someone who complains that he has to play and stream a 'dumb game' is really eager to learn much. The OP doesn't come off as very reasonable.

Anyway, just to make clear; my previous comment was directed at the OP. I did not mean that your comment or those of anyone else were useless.

Oh I know. He might be young and everyone is able to learn. Even if it takes time. Sometimes it takes time to become good at something. Or learn how things work. So its always good to give people enough time. Instead of just abandoning them as a lost cause even if it takes up to a year or more. People can change, even though a lot of people might not change. Still there is always a chance.

Some issues they might not be able to fix, that easy and they have like 31 devs to work on everything. Plus they do have to make new content. Sometimes they will go back when they can and fix things when they have the time. Cryptic is a small company, that has three or four mmos they have to work on. They are making a new mmo right now from what we know. So basically how much resources they can place into things. Can be limited or very limited you can see this by them adding in like two new episodes. Hopefully with discovery klingon models as well and other races for the discovery faction. But I wouldn't hold my breath on them being added. I just hope they are especially the Klingon models we can do without more discovery faction races till later updates.

I - Damn, I didn't know they were doing a fourth mmo. That explains a bit. A bit. Still. A small studio like this shouldn't be managing four mmos. At the best they should only have to work with two. Larger studios can't even work with one mmo. These are big complicated games.

And if they are making a new mmo and it will affect development, they should let us know. Don't have to tell us what it is, just give us a heads up.

And all the time I've been playing this game, since before the fleet starbase system was originally launched, I've only ever seen them really work on some of their ancient bugs ONCE.

It wouldn't even take one patch cycle. Set aside one three month period, and do nothing but work on bugs. Might solve a lot of problems.

Also, that new mmo looks sick, and I just got an email about possibly a T6 D'kyr, and DANGIT CRYPTIC I'M TRYING TO BE MAD AT YOU!

edited January 2019

Some issues they might not be able to fix, that easy and they have like 31 devs to work on everything. Plus they do have to make new content. Sometimes they will go back when they can and fix things when they have the time. Cryptic is a small company, that has three or four mmos they have to work on. They are making a new mmo right now from what we know. So basically how much resources they can place into things. Can be limited or very limited you can see this by them adding in like two new episodes. Hopefully with discovery klingon models as well and other races for the discovery faction. But I wouldn't hold my breath on them being added. I just hope they are especially the Klingon models we can do without more discovery faction races till later updates.

I - Damn, I didn't know they were doing a fourth mmo. That explains a bit. A bit. Still. A small studio like this shouldn't be managing four mmos. At the best they should only have to work with two. Larger studios can't even work with one mmo. These are big complicated games.

And if they are making a new mmo and it will affect development, they should let us know. Don't have to tell us what it is, just give us a heads up.

And all the time I've been playing this game, since before the fleet starbase system was originally launched, I've only ever seen them really work on some of their ancient bugs ONCE.

It wouldn't even take one patch cycle. Set aside one three month period, and do nothing but work on bugs. Might solve a lot of problems.

Also, that new mmo looks sick, and I just got an email about possibly a T6 D'kyr, and DANGIT CRYPTIC I'M TRYING TO BE MAD AT YOU!

Well sometimes your cat or dog can do something that you get mad at them for but they are so adorable, its impossible to stay mad at them. Maybe this is how it is with Cyptic. Yeah Star Trek Online is only one Cryptic Mmo, They also have Neverwinter Online and Champions Online. The two mmos focus I think is in Neverwinter and Star Trek Online as Champions online hasn't gotten as much content as the other two mmos have over the years. They are working on a Magic the Gathering Mmo. I'm guessing most of cryptics developers are working on it unless they have not abandoned it and we have had no news on it being abandoned. I'm guessing we will see more within the year or next year.

Well sometimes you cat or dog can do something but they are so adorable, its impossible to stay mad at them. Maybe this is how it is with Cyptic. Yeah Star Trek Online is only one Cryptic Mmo, They also have Neverwinter Online and Champions Online. Main focus I think is in Neverwinter and Star Trek Online but they are working on a Magic the Gathering Mmo. I'm guessing most of cryptics developers are working on it.

I knew they had Neverwinter and Champions. I've played both of them, and loved both of them. I love this game to, but I'm trying to turn my stream into a permanent source of income. I can't do that if I'm stopped mid-mission and prevented from leveling characters, nor can I recommend the game when it's got such obvious problems.

I GET that this stuff is hard, but if a company is small and can handle only so much, then they shouldn't be piling on more.

I honestly didn't know they were working on a fourth game, that explains a lot. Thanks for letting me know, instead of being a - instead of being me.

Also, you knuckleheads who accuse and condemn people for getting angry, well, you know where you can go.

This discussion has been closed.