test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gets teleported to ESD right in front of Q upon log in

ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
edited December 2018 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Had this bug twice now today. Namely that my toon upon logging in gets teleported to ESD to stand right in front of Q upon logging in on that toon.
First time was this morning when I logged on to my primary Eng. I had left her down at the Academy right next to Commander Viala the day before and when I logged in she was there for all of 0.1 seconds before the game switched to the loading screen again. Once it was gone I found her standing right in front of Q's throne at ESD:
I thought "huh, weird" and then went on with my day as stranger things have happened to me in this game and it's not like the Academy is a huge travel distance from ESD.

But now it's happened again. I logged out on my primary Tac next to the Kelvani Belt in the Alpha Quadrant to go eat dinner, fully intending to do the Deferi dailies after I've eaten. But upon logging in she hangs in front of the Kelvani Belt for 0.1 seconds before the loading screen pops up again and when done I'm at ESD in front of Q.
Pardon my French here but WTF!

I did for the record do nothing to make this happen. There was not enough time for me to do so as I had in both cases literally just logged in and loaded this toon before the second loading screen happened. So it's not because I hit the QWW thing in the mission journal by mistake for instance.

Something iffy is going on and personally it's kinda annoying having to go all the way back to where I was before when it's as far off as the Kelvani Belt.

Anyone else experienced this? And/or know of a work around so it doesn't happen again?
Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    LOL! I saw something like this in the patch notes....didn't I????

Here it is:
    Winter:
    When accessing the Winter Event from the Journal or Welcome Screen, players will now be transported in front of Q.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11019223-pc-patch-notes-for-12/13/18

Annnnndddddd....something is messing up. LOL!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Unless, somehow you are clicking on the WW on the Welcome screen.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    @where2r1 Nope. I don't have time to click anything. In fact, the loading screen doesn't have time to pop up at all, before the change. And even accidental clicking isn't an option as a) I wasn't touching my mouse in either instance, and b) the point where my mouse cursor is and the place where QWW is on the landing splash doesn't overlap.

Soooo, we have a fresh, new bug right off the shelf them. Fun.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    ilithyn wrote: »
    Had this bug twice now today. Namely that my toon upon logging in gets teleported to ESD to stand right in front of Q upon logging in on that toon.
    First time was this morning when I logged on to my primary Eng. I had left her down at the Academy right next to Commander Viala the day before and when I logged in she was there for all of 0.1 seconds before the game switched to the loading screen again. Once it was gone I found her standing right in front of Q's throne at ESD:
    I thought "huh, weird" and then went on with my day as stranger things have happened to me in this game and it's not like the Academy is a huge travel distance from ESD.

But now it's happened again. I logged out on my primary Tac next to the Kelvani Belt in the Alpha Quadrant to go eat dinner, fully intending to do the Deferi dailies after I've eaten. But upon logging in she hangs in front of the Kelvani Belt for 0.1 seconds before the loading screen pops up again and when done I'm at ESD in front of Q.
    Pardon my French here but WTF!

I did for the record do nothing to make this happen. There was not enough time for me to do so as I had in both cases literally just logged in and loaded this toon before the second loading screen happened. So it's not because I hit the QWW thing in the mission journal by mistake for instance.

Something iffy is going on and personally it's kinda annoying having to go all the way back to where I was before when it's as far off as the Kelvani Belt.

Anyone else experienced this? And/or know of a work around so it doesn't happen again?

I've not had this happen to me so far. It might be related to the change they made on 12/13/2018 to beam players directly in front of Q. Or it might be related to some of the other weird bugs they've had over the years; for example,

Holodeck ticket 3,472,536: Map loads twice

What did the loading screen say before it put you in front of the Kelvani Belt? Did it say "Alpha Quadrant" or did it specify a sector?
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    I think it said Alpha Quadrant but don't quote me on that.

Oh man, I have that double loading bug on Academy map all the time, I just never bothered reporting it I just assumed that was how the map worked because I can't recall it ever being any different. I usually use the transporter and it'll beam me down at one place, the go to loading screen again for like a second and when the map appears once more I'll be standing somewhere completely different than before. So yeah, the double loading at the Academy wasn't exactly a new thing, but the teleportation was.
    I can't recall ever have had the double loading anywhere else except briefly after sector space rework. Otherwise I only ever see it at Starfleet Academy.