test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who would you serve under if you could?

124»

Comments

• risian6#1997 risian6 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    Lorca
    Yes, the Kreetassans are unreasonable, there is little doubt about that. But they have every right to be. Archer would just have to deal with that, and he didn't do it properly at first.

All this may make him relatively reasonable, but still incompetent.
    Formerly known as Risian4. Risian6 is my new PS4-account. Fleetcaptain5 is my main PC account. I hope to actively play again on PC in a few months.

Now that that's made clear... on to the next issue: when are playable Voth coming, and where's are my T7 Vesta and C-store purchasable real life shuttle? :)
  • tommyaoi#5961 tommyaoi Member Posts: 5 New User
    Janeway
    I would definitely have to go with Janeway. I absolutely love how diverse she was with her ship and crew. 😊 Always jumping in to get her hands dirty you couldn't ask for anyone else better.

My runner-up would Captain Picard. 😃
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Donatra
    Yes, the Kreetassans are unreasonable, there is little doubt about that. But they have every right to be. Archer would just have to deal with that, and he didn't do it properly at first.

All this may make him relatively reasonable, but still incompetent.
    I disagree with it making him incompetent. The episode was written to highlight that diplomacy isn't always as easy as being polite to people. Sometimes you have to convince the other guy to stop being unreasonable before you can get anywhere, In this case it took a surprising amount of effort to get the Kreetassans to explain to him why they kept getting angry at him.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • anubis0sarvouranubis0sarvour Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    Sisko
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > Lorca.. he gets #$%^ done.
    >
    > Janeway would be cool too.. or Riker if he was available as an option.
    >
    > I like captains that don't take peoples B.S. :smiley:

And you didn't pick Sisko?!?

Sisko would be a solid pick. The other advantage of Lorca is that he'll eventually get himself killed and then I can just slide right into the big chair. :smiley:

Honestly though, I would take anyone but Picard. Too soft.

Sisko is a solid choice. But Picard ain't bad either. Both can get their hands dirty and get the job done. Sisko preemptively got his hands dirty, and in so doing a bit dirtier for the deed, whereas Picard was forced into situations where he had to get dirty or die. They both survived and thrived.
    They each lost a series regular, but that was for IRL reasons, not writer fail/flat.
    They each had casualties during their command, but Kirk lost redshirts by the truckloads...

Kor was a tempting pick...
    T'Kuvma & L'Rell were up there & not KANG? HERESY!
    3fe5520084f54ba06a859d0b2c824e771701473049.png
    The Borg Assimilator
    Live Long and Prosper.🖖[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • luminaire#0745 luminaire Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    angrytarg wrote: »
    That's the point, Sisko didn't stop anything if it wasn't for magic. Otherwise he was playing along and whining that all the bad he does was forced on him, like everyone always does.

What Picard might have done we can't say. Maybe not starting it by poking around Dominion territory, maybe given a speech to convince everyone to calm the oink down, maybe convince the other powers to help by not lying and building trust. Picard just imbues a hope for humanity and I respect his leadership style. Sisko is just one in a bunch of normies if he wasn't a magic alien FROM THE BEGINNING DUUN-DUUN-DUUUUN!

I like DS9 and Sisko is a strong character, but not one I'd like to take notes from. He's troubled and impulsive and looks for excuses. Janeway is simply cray-cray.

Much as I love TNG, Picard had the unfair advantage of the Gene's/writer fiat declaring that just being the good guy would always allow for a happy resolution. One of the things I liked about DS9 is how it addressed the fact that there aren't always clean and happy solutions when all the idealism and inspiring speeches hit the brick wall of reality.

Picard was not going to stop everyone from using the universe's only known stable wormhole opening up an entire new area of the galaxy to exploration and exploitation, nor was an inspiring speech about sticking together going to bring the Romulans into the war or convince the Founders that these solids were A OK.

Though as far as magic alien goes, I agree, I've always hated Sacrifice of Angels and the fact that ultimately the Dominion War was won via deus ex wormhole. Biggest mistake in the entire run of the show to me.

As far as who I'd prefer to serve with: Captain Jellico. :p