test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC and Console Patch Notes for 11/20/18

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 11/20 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours on PC, and 2 hours on Console. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I'm still hoping that they fix the missing type 7 shuttle.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    What clears that disable? Science Team? Or Engineering Team? Blind...what is that? That isn't Tactical, is it?
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    What clears that disable? Science Team? Or Engineering Team? Blind...what is that? That isn't Tactical, is it?
    "Blind" sounds like a perception debuff and those are usually science.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,279 Arc User
    good change, actually...blind is completely useless against NPCs - disable has at least SOME small use against them, though it still isn't going to do much if the duration can't be extended via skill or other means​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    good change, actually...blind is completely useless against NPCs - disable has at least SOME small use against them, though it still isn't going to do much if the duration can't be extended via skill or other means​​
    bare in mind that I'm speaking in general and not about the specific STO mechanic, but blind mechanics can work on NPCs depending on the coding.

For example if your chance to hit is ((base hit chance)+(accucity bonus))-((target's defense rating)+(any hit rating debuffs the attacker has)) so if a blind effects makes it so that right side of the calculation is equal or greater then the left side then regardless if it's PC or NPC the attack will miss.

Basically it depends on how the "blind" effect works, sure there's effects that won't ever work on NPCs, there's also effects that never work on players (like most "taunt" effects since the player will just switch back to orginal target).
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    frtoaster wrote: »

"Clicking to respect should now work to clear this and it will be free."

:|

Yeah... automatic spell check is nice, but not infallible.
    I see the same type of errors in printed books where, obviously, a real person never proofread it before it was sent to the printers.

Now a book of 300 pages can be a bit harder to proofread than a 1/2 PAGE OF PATCH NOTES!!!!
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    Any reason why this patch was pushed out today instead of putting it in with Thursdays patch ?. Just means PC end up with 2 down times this week and the invalid skills thing, the character I have affected by it does appear to have the skill tree working when I have run TFO's despite it saying invalid skills
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,279 Arc User
    thursday is thanksgiving; there isn't going to be a patch​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User

I wasn't aware of that i have no idea what holidays the U.S has.
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    Wondered if there'd be jokes on here about that typo. ;)

Nice to know the STO community is on the ball as usual to make fun of amusing things. ;) ^_^​​
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User

More time for me, since I don't celebrate it.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • kirk2811kirk2811 Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Umm...T6 rep fix? Or did i miss that somewhere?

I believe they reffer to this:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1245247/on-lag-and-tier-6-reputations/p1
  • bluejaye1bluejaye1 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Not much there, I was hoping for an XP change in The Battle at the Binary Stars, so people can earn ship experience during the first phase.
    Star Trek Offline is currently online. We apologise for the convenience and are working to remedy the situation.
  • rickvic#6033 rickvic Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    I hope the Disco Phasers are patched back to the correct pre AoD Version
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    PC Maintenance is now complete! Thanks for your patience, we'll let you know when console is ready.
  • racitsolution#8585 racitsolution Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    External storage devices rental services makes it simple to store save and protect data. these simple devices are changing the way we live our everyday lives. It very amazingly shocking the impact external storage device can have on our lives.

racwg dot com
  • racitsolution#8585 racitsolution Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    External storage devices rental services makes it simple to store save and protect data. these simple devices are changing the way we live our everyday lives. It very amazingly shocking the impact external storage device can have on our lives.

racwg dot com
This discussion has been closed.