test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion: Shared Fleet Spire/Shared Missions

captainrebel78#5049 captainrebel78 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
In STO, there are a lot of fleets the have both a Federation side and a KDF side. There should be able to "link" that one spire to two willing fleets that want to join together to use and build up that spire. An example would be Federation Fleet Alpha has a KDF sister fleet. Allow those to fleets and their members to share that one resources as an alliance type resource with the fleets. One of the "kill joys" of fleets is having to grind resources for a Fed fleet and then those who want to be part of the KDF style having to grind the same thing just for one aspect of the game: an aspect that can take forever to get up and running. Another thing would be allowing FED and KDF sister fleets to do common missions together: i.e. Defera Invasion, non specific TFOs, etc. Perhaps I am the only one along this line of thinking; but, it would possibly foster more interest in the KDF side of STO and allow for a broader game play experience. There are many in STO who have "friends" in other fleets and other armadas: yet, can't run missions together if they aren't of the same faction (unless you switch toons, etc). Maybe people start with the Federation side as new players because it is more familiar; however, the majority of players do no find it appealing or "thrilling" to level up another toon to match one they already have worked really hard on: just to be able to play under a different faction. Since the launch of AoD: the number of new AoD (FED only toons) has really been noticed by many: not just myself. I do have some ideas on how to make a KDF toon more appealing to a Federation player; but, that is for another post at another time perhaps.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
This discussion has been closed.