test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Aoy Missing Temporal Probe cant hail or start The Kuvagh Magh

syrupofsquillsyrupofsquill Member Posts: 159 Arc User
Cant seem to find find or hail The Kuvagh Magh on aoy, it has a probe thats required to claim aoy rapid support trait.

Comments

• Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    That mission was removed supposedly for a rework.
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    This post is not likely to help the OP directly. However it's on topic. Maybe it will help in gaining some help later, by adding info.
    That mission was removed supposedly for a rework.
    Correct. This post only complement what you said.

As I faintly remembered (or suspected) there are indeed missing probes for the removed missions even if THIS line itself was shortened for perks' purposes so it could be claimed by doing the current missions in it along with glaxy at large and TFO.

There are OTHER missions like that for AoY.
    SPOILER link for AoY's probes' locations, also listing missions, including removed ones.
    I may edit later for Delta possibly too.

@chrian#9670 @engineerb4#4806 This requires attention IMO and is now proved to be hindering AoY char's completion for those who didn't complete some removed missions. I am sure Deltas have a similar concern too!
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    This post is not mainly regarding probes locations in missions (though it includes AoY's probes' location spoiler link from reddit) and does NOT directly help the OP, though it may help indirectly.
    It is a sort of a list of mission in old Klingon's War which contained probes. The focus is on AoY but Delta info is included too.

To the post itself:
    The post (AoY info by help of the reddit link bellow) lists missions with AoY PROBES used to be in the old Klingon's War's line, with delta notes.
    Some of those missions stayed, some removed and some moved to a wrapper and may be available under some conditions by going to some location under available tab (or possibly NPC). So while one may gain credit for a line, one still might not able to fill all probes needed.

The following missions (used to) belong to the old Klingon's War line, and contain probes for AoY characters, with additional Delta notes
    (always check available tab before giving up):
    (Delta Fed only, may have a probe also in "Starnded in Space" mission. This mission seems to be in line just like before.)
    Diplomatic Orders (this one is for Fed Delta too) - in line.
    Hide and Seek (this one is for Fed Delta too) - Allegedly removed. I don't know if you still can take it somehow
    Stop the Signal (this one is for Fed Delta too) - Allegedly removed. I don't know if you still can take it somehow
    Researcher Rescue (this one is for Fed Delta too) - in line.
    The Kuvan'magh - Allegedly removed. I don't know if you still can take it somehow
    Treasure Trading Station (this one is for Fed Delta too) - Allegedly removed. I don't know if you still can take it somehow
    Secret Orders (this one is for Fed Delta too) - in line.
    Skirmish (this one is for ALL Delta too) - appear in Spectres / Drozana wrapper (do galaxy at large and go to donatu 1st)
    What Lies Beneath (this one is for ALL Delta too) - appear in Spectres / Drozana wrapper
    Everything Old is New (this one is for ALL Delta too) - appear in Spectres / Drozana wrapper
    Night of the Comet (this one is for ALL Delta too) - appear in Spectres / Drozana wrapper
    The Ultimate Klingon - Allegedly removed. I don't know if you still can take it somehow
    The Doomsday Device - this one is somehow in line still.
    City on the Edge of Never (this one is for Fed Delta too) - Allegedly removed
    Past Imperfect - Allegedly removed
    Temporal Ambassador (this one is for ALL Delta too) - this appears in Yesterday's War's line
    Note that some other probes/lines may be found in wrappers - this also means galaxy at large, if applicable for the faction, for both delta and AoY (along with tutorial clearing) is needed ASAP for advancing, and is also needed at least for FED for Klingon's War line.
    As noted, (beside Spectres (Donatu/Drozana area)), there are other relevant wrappers: cold war (Defera), lost dominion (DS9) for AoY's PROBES (BESIDE the Cardasian's for line/probes) and Wasteland (Nimbus III) - though it seems at least for chars who didn't arrive there and take or skip it, level 65 is required now for all wrappers beside Spectres.

So Delta/AoY should better do "Galaxy at Large" ASAP if they have this quest, and also any TFO in the lines they wish to get credit for. (Also, beside getting/skipping and in AoY/Delta, better doing ASAP galaxy at large as noted, for advancing further one also must get/skip or do the TFOs from the start and up, even if done the line already)

Removed missions may one day be back, renewed/improved.

As a side note, Installation 18 of Nimbus III/Wasteland line has a probe too, for ALL deltas and AoYs, adding in case the issue with Installation 18 affects you

Useful links and credits:
    Spoiler link from reddit regarding AoY missions with probes along with probes locations (names verified with an AoY which did the line) Complementary (Delta only) link and additional credit: https://sto.gamepedia.com/Delta_Recruitment
    This link (at the button of the page) from sto's gamepedia also helps with which missions for DELTA have probes. This info from that gamepedia site was used in the notes above regarding delta.

*pacifying yet again the edit monster - sorry for so many edits - I tried to make it more readable :)
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on