test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Help me improve my DPS

2»

Comments

• dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Sadly, gear isn't the end-all-be-all of dps. I've had better gear in WoW than others and they kick my butt on the dps meters. :D I'm old and sloowww. :s
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Well outside of activation timing there are a few minor tips that I use when flying that can affect performance:
    • Flanking Know which side of your opponent is the flank side and then you'll do more damage hitting that side, assuming you have certain traits and spec trees (Intel) selected.
    • When to launch torps Knowing exactly when to drop torps on a target so they slip through a shield gap is tricky and also not always a certainty. But do it well and you'll be putting maximum kinetic damage onto bare hull.
    • Utilizing teammates for cover/distractions No shame in hiding behind a friendly, or using a tanky teammate to draw aggro. If you see someone hammering a target and getting all it's attention; nip in and drop an attack on to it with less risk of being shot at yourself.
    • Learn the mission Honestly some people could probably fly ISA blindfold, if you learn where/when an enemy will appear and move to/from you can buff up in preparation for an attack in advance.
    • Learn to fly to protect your ship You don't just need Tac Team to keep shield facings pointing at the enemy, turn your ship away if you're getting hammered on one side. Don't expose your flank to the bad guys either. And there's no shame in running away if TRIBBLE goes south.
    SulMatuul.png
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    [...]
    Thing is, I never really understood the need for this global lockout. Feels like ancient game-design to me. I mean, why does each activation have to be 'atomic'? Why can't your weapons just keep firing? (And pick up on the activation at the next milisecond). Maybe it's even network related; who knows.
    [...]

It could as well be an unintentional result of some coding issue that the devs were not even aware of until it had happened. But given that this (among other things) works as a safeguard to prevent everybody from doing the uber-DPS, it is probably better if it stays in the game.

Unless they fix the underlying balance issues, which seems unlikely.

Kinda always wondered how that 'auto-spacebar' function works on consoles (you know, where the game activates the abilities for you, *shudder*). Does the game time those abilities perfectly? Or does it just blindly spam the virtual spacebar, like so many?! :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    It could as well be an unintentional result of some coding issue that the devs were not even aware of until it had happened. But given that this (among other things) works as a safeguard to prevent everybody from doing the uber-DPS, it is probably better if it stays in the game.

At any rate, if intentional (and even if not) this would indeed definitely qualify for the 'what can we teach better?' topic. So ppl are at least aware of it.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
This discussion has been closed.