test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scrolling bug?

Hey All,

Got a weird issue that came up this weekend playing. Seems like there was a change made in the game. Or maybe i'm an idiot :)

At the character select screen my captains have started rotating. 'cool' i thought. After I select my main I start the admin stuff (reps, doffs, r&D) and find that the the scroll is going auto up. wont stop auto scrolling up. Now when i'm on the ground or in space and try to move the camera, as soon as i touch it, it auto points the camera to the sky. and i can only move forward.

already reset back to defaults in keybinds for space and ground and also rebooted pc. should i uninstall and re-install? will i lose any game stuff if i do? is this a bug that i should report?

any and all help is appreciated :)

Thanks!

Comments

• thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    Make sure lint isn't up inside your mouse. Cat hair will do it too. If you have a mouse that has a ball built into the bottom of it, you can take the ball out and wash it with warm water and mild soap, like hand or face soap. The little wheels inside some mice can be cleaned too, with q-tips and alcohol or other non-destructive fluids. Some fluids attack plastic, so be careful.
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    I was thinking that this sounded like a mouse problem, too.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • colonelkell#2704 colonelkell Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    well i am of a vintage that remembers having to clean out a mouse but who has a mouse with a ball in it anymore? using an optical right now and it doesn't act up anywhere else except in sto. like i said weird. it was working fine saturday night but not fine on sunday. very strange.

does anybody else have rotating captains in the character select screen?
  • colonelkell#2704 colonelkell Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    well after some troubleshooting with a wired mouse, i found that yes it was the mouse acting up. but here's the weird part...after using the wired mouse the original problem mouse was working fine again...such an odd failure. anyway thanks for the replies you guys :)