test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wasteland Missions and Aid New Romulus Still Awol

ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
Was it last week's patch or the one before where we were promised that Installation 18 and the other Wasteland missions would be fixed so they would be available for the toons currently missing them in the Available tab. Well it didn't work. All of my level 65 toons, who are all elegible for those missions, are lacking access.
Also, all Aid New Romulus missions are missing still from the Avaliable tab with no report if this is a bug or a permanent removal. Only Staging Area which are accessible through the normal mission journal can be played.
Any report on whether or not these are permanent removals? And if not when we can expect to see them back? Ditto for when Wasteland arc/Installation 18 will actually be fixed for those of us who should have it, but doesn't?
Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.

Comments

• renata666renata666 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    I was going to ask the same thing. My AoD toon didn't get the Installation 18 mission. And since the "new" restructuring of the mission log the Wasteland missions are not replayable. FIX IT!!!
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    We were never promised that it would be ready in a specific patch, just told that they knew that Installation 18 wasn't available at all to Age of Discovery characters, and that it had been sent in for a fix. It is supposedly fixed in the current Tribble build, but we only got some of the fixes from that build in the Holodeck patch last week. They have never said, to my knowledge, that they were going to make the Nimbus missions available for replay to non-Romulan characters that have already finished them through the Available tab, though it would sure be nice if they did. They've also not said definitively what they plan to do with New Romulus missions that people are missing. They haven't even acknowledged that it's a bug that they can reproduce.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    All the aid NR missions are in my Disc characters available and my Jem'Hadar character just did them all. They don't appear available for replay however, even by talking to the NPC.
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    Though there seem to be a change, some of my char still have Nimbus/NR (collection quests vestam atlay phaeos hawel) replayability issues, yes. Also at 65 after finishing the NR line and getting+skipping/doing galaxy at large and TFO.
    Cold war may have some regression since last patch for some level 65 chars as well but it seems an "easier" issue.
    I have no (further?) accurate info ATM.
    Frankly, I hate the way the mission tree was "restructured." It sucks.

Just my humble opinion.
  • redbeard#5284 redbeard Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    renata666 wrote: »

Just my humble opinion.

It is driving me nuts. I am getting sick of playing Staging Area over and over and over on New Romulus because I have nothing remotely called Aid New Romulus in my Available missions. I have no idea how to get the Nimbus missions since they aren't in the Available missions. Both New Romulus and Nimbus III are my favorite places to go and I can't do anything at those places. I don't think this is isolated either because I have friends in the game asking where to find missions and not having them in the Available tab.

• rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    They will remove those 4 NR collecting missions (Vestam, Atlay, Phaeos, Hawel) from being needed for accolades but those are nice easy missions I liked to do sometimes as "dailies". togther with site to site transport not being reliable (for some newer chars) since OTHER zone/line/NPC mess up before (and worsening now probably since I no longer able to "fix" it for any char (newly) affected)

I don't think NR area would be very useful for my affected chars after doing the basics. (e.g. no grinding on characters which aren't able to do the easy mission there unless doing things for line completion/1st play etc)

As a side note, getting this accolade was possible before today's patch somehow, even since AoD, at least on some cases, it seems, though (unsure if true for new chars born after AoD). At least for some. The problem seems to be repeatability of those quests (and also a nimbus III area repeatability issue introduced likewise in AoD expansion - as I see you said)
    I don't think you can replay the Nimbus missions once you've played them. Unless you create a new toon. They're no longer part of any particular mission tree. They now show in the same area where you'll find the "Tour The Galaxy" mission. Listed under Franklin Drake.

Just my humble opinion.

It is driving me nuts. I am getting sick of playing Staging Area over and over and over on New Romulus because I have nothing remotely called Aid New Romulus in my Available missions. I have no idea how to get the Nimbus missions since they aren't in the Available missions. Both New Romulus and Nimbus III are my favorite places to go and I can't do anything at those places. I don't think this is isolated either because I have friends in the game asking where to find missions and not having them in the Available tab.

• ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    They will remove those 4 NR collecting missions (Vestam, Atlay, Phaeos, Hawel) from being needed for accolades but those are nice easy missions I liked to do sometimes as "dailies". togther with site to site transport not being reliable (for some newer chars) since OTHER zone/line/NPC mess up before (and worsening now probably since I no longer able to "fix" it for any char (newly) affected)

I don't think NR area would be very useful for my affected chars after doing the basics. (e.g. no grinding on characters which aren't able to do the easy mission there unless doing things for line completion/1st play etc)

As a side note, getting this accolade was possible before today's patch somehow, even since AoD, at least on some cases, it seems, though (unsure if true for new chars born after AoD). At least for some. The problem seems to be repeatability of those quests (and also a nimbus III area repeatability issue introduced likewise in AoD expansion - as I see you said)

I loved doing the dailies too. In fact, they were a large part of what kept me in the game. I've been playing less and less since the restructure removed these missions, to the degree that some weeks back... I just stopped. Yeah it's sometimes the oddest stuff that keeps you in the game, for me these missions appears to have been it. With them gone I just don't feel the same pull to play.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • redbeard#5284 redbeard Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    I don't think you can replay the Nimbus missions once you've played them. Unless you create a new toon. They're no longer part of any particular mission tree. They now show in the same area where you'll find the "Tour The Galaxy" mission. Listed under Franklin Drake.

Since it appears that my two favorite places Nimbus and New Romulus have become useless since I can't replay the missions which were really fun then I have decided to suspend my paid subscription.