test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Selling training manuals

jarenkincaidjarenkincaid Member Posts: 117 Arc User
How do I sell unwanted BOFF training manuals? I went to the ground equipment vendor and selected the Sell tab, but they didn't show up in my inventory, and when I went to the BOFF trainer near Admiral Quinn's office the Sell tab was grayed out and unavailable.

Comments

• Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Some of them actually go for a decent amount on the exchange, for the ones that don't, either use them just for the heck of it or discard them, that's what I do.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    arionisa wrote: »
    Some of them actually go for a decent amount on the exchange, for the ones that don't, either use them just for the heck of it or discard them, that's what I do.

So you're saying that I can't sell them to NPC vendors?
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    You can sell them to NPC vendors that buy any loot drop. But you do not resell them to the BOFF trainer.

Hmmm... have I sold off manuals??? I think I am thinking about the Kit modules...let me check in game...

Nope...can not sell off the Training Manuals to a Vendor. You will just have to move it over to another character via Account Bank (which is what I usually do) or sell on the Exchange.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Manuals created from Bridge Officers cannot be sold at vendors. They can be used or traded on the exchange, but they can not be sold to any vendors.

Regular manuals bought from the Bridge Officer Trainer can be sold back.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    and some training manuals cannpt be sold period, like the Destabilizing Resonance Beam
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    arionisa wrote: »

Even ones you buy from a vendor can go for over what you paid at the vendor on the Exchange.
    Just yesterday, I bought a 10k Miracle Worker power training manual from the vendor I didn't need.
    Popped it on the Exchange for 18k and it sold.
    Post edited by dracounguis on
  • Options
    Finally, some accurate answers! Thank you all, and TRIBBLE the devs for cluttering up my bank until the day they see sense.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    why did you pile up manuals in your bank? Only the special manuals are worth banking. the rest of them you might as well teach to some random guy just to get rid of them.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    Finally, some accurate answers! Thank you all, and TRIBBLE the devs for cluttering up my bank until the day they see sense.
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @jarenkincaid said:
    > Finally, some accurate answers! Thank you all, and TRIBBLE the devs for cluttering up my bank until the day they see sense.

Why blame the devs for your actions?

They need to learn that we should be able to sell them.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    given how low the buy price is, and you'd get half that at best, not worth the time to sell them.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg