test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Admiralty Sort Order STILL Broken

lapprenticellapprenticel Member Posts: 254 Arc User
I've not done any admiralty missions for a while but queued a bunch today. Whilst doing so I rediscovered just how broken the sort order is. While ships are still listed by grade - shuttle, tier 1-6, it's a complete jumble after that. Worse, there's not even any consistency toon to toon so the tier 1's may be engineer, tactical, science on one toon, and tactical, engineer, science on another. That's only a minor problem for tier 1's of course, but when you get to tier 5, or worse tier 6 which has drops mixed in, it becomes a nightmare!!! Do Cryptic plan on fixing this or is the breakage simply a surreptitious way of reducing dilithium acquisition ingame?

Comments

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Indeed, quite annoying.

And if they're at it, maybe they could also fix the 1x use cards so they appear next to the "real" card of the same ship?

Did they fix the Exchange sorting bugs (specifically sort by price per unit) yet?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    cklibcklib Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    No, the sorting on the Exchange, specifically in the per-unit modes, is still borked. You used to be able to set a per-unit sorting mode (required for stacking items) and browse any categories -- even ones that have no stacking such as DOFFs -- just fine. Now, whenever you forget to switch back from per-unit to default sorting, the order of non-stackable items such as DOFFs, traits, ships, etc. on the Exchange is completely messed up.

If and when they'll fix this, perhaps they could also FINALLY fix the insufficient updating of DOFF abilities on the Exchange (i.e. no abilities shown, major delays on updating abilities, lingering wrong abilities from a previous page, etc.) which is only immediately correct and complete if you switch Buy/Sell tabs back and forth. Thus, apparently, a technical solution already exists in the game.
  • Options
    lemminger83lemminger83 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Do Cryptic plan on fixing this or is the breakage simply a surreptitious way of reducing dilithium acquisition ingame?
    It looks like Cryptic won't fix this issue anytime soon. Though I wouldn't be surprised if your suspicion turns out to be true, I guess they simply don't care...
    qc13grtl44vw.png
  • Options
    wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    Do Cryptic plan on fixing this or is the breakage simply a surreptitious way of reducing dilithium acquisition ingame?
    It looks like Cryptic won't fix this issue anytime soon. Though I wouldn't be surprised if your suspicion turns out to be true, I guess they simply don't care...

I'm far from a Cryptic apologist, but...

...in the grand scheme of things, while I find this bug incredibly irritating (as I slot a LOT of admiralty each day on all my alts), finite resources at Cryptic means that they have to prioritize what gets fixed. I'd guess it's not a matter of simply not caring, so much as caring a lot more about fixing other things.

Frankly, while irritating, it's not actually "broken" as some other things in the game are or were - it's not as if we cannot slot cards, just can't find them sometimes without searching and searching and searching.
  • Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    I can see this bug taking a while to fix, annoying as it might be the Admiralty system is working, so having ships in random order and asking people to take a few seconds longer to look for the ship they want to use is not going to be a top priority fix. So folks you'll just have to be patient
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.