test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Something wrong with NPC difficulty on "Normal"?

accordvtec77accordvtec77 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
edited October 2018 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I didn't play any actual missions yesterday, but I've noticed that after yesterdays patch, at least for me, NPC difficulty seems WAY off. I play on normal, and I was trying to do a Borg Red Alert earlier. I was getting railed on by freaking PROBES! I noticed the same behavior from ground combat. NPC ground troops are ridiculously overpowered. I thought maybe it was limited to my Discovery toon, but I attempted the same missions with one of my end-game toons, with end-game gear, and even a simple Red Alert was NOT a problem at all, until today. Anyone else noticing anything? My difficulty IS set to normal...not advanced and CERTAINLY not Elite. Another thing I noticed is that my kinetic and physical damage resists seem to be ignored. I have a fair amount of Drain expertise points, and my shields get drained as if I had nothing at all.

Comments

• Options
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    RA use to be set at level 50. Now it is based on the group. If you are in group with 4 65 and you are 50, you will kinda get wrecked. The scaling from 50 to 60 is huge. In fact from 59 to 60 is pretty big. If you are at level 65 vs 50, there will be a giant difference in NPC scaling.

I can accept that, but what about ground? I tried doing the mountain base mission on New Romulus, and had to back out of it because I couldn't even make it past the first stray group of Romulans. 2 hits and down I go..
  • Options
    cha0tic1acha0tic1a Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    I've had the same problem on New Romulus in the overgrown caves. Thought it was a gear issue but my main sci captain in MK IV UR/Epic and the away team in UR MK XIII rep gear can't clear the end tholian now but could with his eyes shut before Discovery patch.
  • Options
    cha0tic1a wrote: »
    I've had the same problem on New Romulus in the overgrown caves. Thought it was a gear issue but my main sci captain in MK IV UR/Epic and the away team in UR MK XIII rep gear can't clear the end tholian now but could with his eyes shut before Discovery patch.

Yes, before that last Discovery patch, it wasn't a problem...at all! In fact I had already done Mountain Base with NO problems before this last patch. This time, I was helping a friend run through HIS mission. Now he's a lower level than I am, but I made sure to match HIS skill level. We both ended up leaving the map because we couldn't get past the first group of Romulans. So I left the team, logged out, logged back in, and tried replaying the mission by myself. Same effect...I couldn't get past the first group of Romulans. So what exactly happened with this last update, to where 2 days BEFORE the patch, I ran through Mountain Base with no problems at all...and now I don't stand a chance?
  • Options
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    If you are 60+...especially 65, things will get a lot harder. Scaling in this game is sorta exponential.

I've been at 65 for quite some time now. I was already at 65 when I ran the Mountain Base mission (without any issues) the first time around.
  • Options
    cha0tic1acha0tic1a Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Same.
    Several 65s... prior to patching the away team did all the work while the captain sat back and watched. Super easy farming Rom marks and dil when bored and wanted some mindless pew-pew.
    After the patch can't clear, it is down to the Discovery update bugging something as that is the only thing that has changed. And everyone in UR/Epic MK XXIII gear minimum.