test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Top Ten Things I want in Star Trek Online in the next 6 Months

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    I'd also like to see some code swapping with CO. We get Beast Legs here, and the Riker-style facial hair there. :smile:
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Digitigrade legs?
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    M'ress hairstyle for Caitians and a few more hairstyle options for the Caitians please

GesGayI.jpg

maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • shinnok918shinnok918 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    1. Mirror Ship Designations for all factions (I want to fly ISS ships not USS)
    2. Damage buffs for Plasma to bring it more on par with other weapons
    3. More Romulan Bridges!!!!!
    4. Full Scimitar interior - it already exists just put it on the player bridges
    5. Let us get Rid of Tovan Khev - Hes fracking useless after storyline missions and not THAT useful there
    6. Skippable Cutscenes - For example In the doomsday machine mission I don't want to sit through the Klingon death chant
    7. Dynamic Missions - I warp into a random system I don't want to see the same mission over and over and over again
    8. Fix PVP - I don't know how. It's too broken. I shouldn't be instapopped, and a ship shouldn't come back from 0 hull.
    9. Discovery Era Phasers in store (white quality but can be upgraded).
    10. Upgradable Herald Torpedos - The ships come with one but it can't be upgraded.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    I'd quite like to have a jem hadar crew manning the jem hadar bridge, fed/kdf bodies feel out of place being there under the command of a jem.

Other thing would be the option to leave a planet or star base and go direct to sector space rather than beaming to ship and warping out.

T6 Kar'fi one of the oldest store ships and long overdue for a upgraded variant.

If a ship unlocks a bridge then make that bridge usable by that character on other vessels. Such as t'laru bridge being used on other romulan ships.

Give us a darn plasma omni. The t6 rep options was so obvious a way of doing this but NOPE it has to be phasers AGAIN!!!

A cosmetic slot for weapons to unify the colours and effect. The whole CBS want it canon argument is nonsense because if that was the case there'd not be any of the rainbow builds flying about using the same damage type.

A proper gamma BZ not the waiting zone that was dumped into the game. Or at least add in solo options such as patrols or random encounters as something to do while we twiddle our thumbs waiting for other players. It'd also give the vast emptiness of the gamma quadrant some life instead of small cluster of worlds by the wormhole and a couple of other spots way off at the TRIBBLE end of space.
    Here's another.

Have red alert trigger off what the player does not from some random person triggering an ability. And if the player hasn't shot at anything within the past 10 seconds cancel red alert, again not allowing it to work off buffs that last for ages and locking out full impulse in doing so.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    "Claim Admiralty Card" button on ships in the c-store when owned.
    That would be far more convenient than commissioning and then dismissing ship after ship after ship, just to get the Admiralty cards...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    > @postagepaid said:
    >T6 Kar'fi one of the oldest store ships and long overdue for a upgraded variant.

Coming with the Winter Event. Not necessarily a Kar'Fi, but a T6 Fek'ihri ship.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
    It shouldn't be the kar'fi thats coming with winter as that's a KDF ship and has been pretty much since the store arrived in the game.

I'm still very much in two minds about the new racial choice for winter ships, one the one hand its good to move away from rehashing the breen but on the other the fekhiri are kind of locked into the KDF so becoming a cross faction event ship loses some of its special.
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    > @postagepaid said:
    > It shouldn't be the kar'fi thats coming with winter as that's a KDF ship and has been pretty much since the store arrived in the game.
    >
    > I'm still very much in two minds about the new racial choice for winter ships, one the one hand its good to move away from rehashing the breen but on the other the fekhiri are kind of locked into the KDF so becoming a cross faction event ship loses some of its special.

Except that the Fek'ihri, having been outed as a failed Dominion experiment, are now everyone's problem.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
    A contrivance to avoid having just the hurq be the baddies in the gamma storyline. They are still tied into the KDF way more than other races.
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I personally would have rather seen them work up a Halloween themed event, using the Fek'ihri as the main element of the Halloween event. Which could be them coming back into the alpha and beta quad attacking different worlds, which might come after reports come in that some ruins are being found on many different worlds across the quadants. So we could have red alert like events happen that we get called in to defend against incursions of the Fek'ihri , while also going to some of these worlds to explore the ruins that lead to the Halloween zone. Having another holiday even would be nice as even though the other holiday events are fun, they get abit old an dull after doing them so many times now.

Even though we have a Fek'ihri ship in the c-store aligned with the Kdf, we also have the dominion bug ship that was done as the first winter event ship, but now we have other dominion ships an the dominion mini-faction. So it is within the norm for there be Fek'ihri ship for this year's holiday ship. Though might be bad I would much rather get some more story arcs maybe as a Halloween themed event, that shows what the Fek'ihri have been doing an why they are back, before having a mission that gives us the ability to get a Fek'ihri boff with the different type of Fek'ihri being linked to specific careers. Though would love to have access to the Fek'ihri boff parts on the alien gen, maybe as a mission reward unlock.

• ucgsquawk#5883 ucgsquawk Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    For console:
    Ability to have more control over power levels. As a science captain with 100 aux, you automatically get 50 weapons, 25 shields...I really want to be able to switch which system gets the 50.
  • carlosbezerracarlosbezerra Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    1- Refit of the old Starship bridges'
    2- More male hair styles
    3- Doff revamp
    4- Boff can access off-duty uniforms
    5- More Romulan bridges
    6- Andromeda Galaxy (to seek out new life forms and new civilizations)
    7- Star Trek beyond uniforms'
    8- Beam vanity effects (Ex: Elite fleet beam with Discovery beam effect)
    9- More symbols on 2409's Fed Badges (ex: Medical, Intelligence, Temporal, etc).
    10- Parallel universes: The Orville stuff in STO!
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @postagepaid said:
    > A contrivance to avoid having just the hurq be the baddies in the gamma storyline. They are still tied into the KDF way more than other races.

The Hur'q were tied to the Gamma Quad in DS9.

And I was talking about the fekhiri being tied to the KDF.

Anyway, have another one to throw into the mix.

Allow console players to select any abilities they want for the control buttons rather than facing the scenario where you open L1 on the spoonhead sci dread and are met with 20+ options including items like the phoenix tokens that don't belong on a combat wheel. Because there's no consistency between characters trying to find the one you want in combat is a faff. Could also do with making sure trait based abilities like forced challenge don't appear unless the trait is active.

And do something about the ability autofire so it feels like less of a rushed bodge job. Such as only make them trigger if the weapons have been used in the past 10 secs instead of are you STILL in red alert because ability after ability has popped because they maintain that status despite you not being in combat.

Also for console give us the proper stats list, there's no way of knowing what you are at for stuff like EPG because the stats list is truncated.
  • feralaffferalaff Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »

1) No...the connie has enough stuff already. Romulans still have the choice of one whole bridge in their faction ships.
    2) Sure, why not.
    3) No...feddie bears have enough ships already.
    4) Now you know how us Romulans feel. Honestly one is one more than shuttles need.
    5) Umm...we can already do this.
    6) No...once again, enough with the feddie bear stuff...other factions needs love too.
    7) And yet again...no. Besides which, why would you want a ship made of pure explodium?
    8) Once again...romulans...ONE bridge option. Ain't gonna support more feddie bear options when we have ONE BLOODY BRIDGE.
    9) Nope...enough feddie bear stuff still.
    10) And once again more nope. Really...other factions don't even have basics things here.

As a fellow romulan brother, i agree 100% !
    Just to make a quick example...a pure romulan carrier! (T'LARU is lockbox only).

I know it will be hard, but instead of all those federation subfaction: TOS, DISCOVERY...why not a Tal'Shiar romulan subfaction? Let's be the EVIL bad guys once!
    Because...it is good to be bad

• luminaire#0745 luminaire Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Z-store search bar and filters

It boggles my mind that this wasn't done ages ago. Like, if you're going to rely on microtransactions for your games income...why would you make using the store such a clunky pain in the TRIBBLE?
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    ryuranger wrote: »

1) No...the connie has enough stuff already. Romulans still have the choice of one whole bridge in their faction ships.
    2) Sure, why not.
    3) No...feddie bears have enough ships already.
    4) Now you know how us Romulans feel. Honestly one is one more than shuttles need.
    5) Umm...we can already do this.
    6) No...once again, enough with the feddie bear stuff...other factions needs love too.
    7) And yet again...no. Besides which, why would you want a ship made of pure explodium?
    8) Once again...romulans...ONE bridge option. Ain't gonna support more feddie bear options when we have ONE BLOODY BRIDGE.
    9) Nope...enough feddie bear stuff still.
    10) And once again more nope. Really...other factions don't even have basics things here.

Romulans do deserve some love!
  • kekvinkekvin Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    Tmp ships from sfc / klingon academy id kill for lol
  • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    Just being able to do a shoulder roll like Kirk should avoid all damage. It worked for Tim Allen.
  • slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    Good luck with that. I've been waiting for Deanna Troi lingerie for years.
    Until she got into uniform that was little more than a glorified ballet outfit not lingerie
This discussion has been closed.