test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

AoD Starter Pack Walker class unclaimable

dana2lovedana2love Member Posts: 32 Arc User
I've bought the AoD starter pack, after finishing the tutorial, including changing outfit, claiming the shuttle, and returning to Admiral Kensington, and C-store is still telling me, that the character is restricted from receiving the ship. I filed a ticket in-game, ticket ID #4,770,538.

pmuvj73Aj

Comments

• Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Returning to Admiral Kensington ? That means that you have not finished to tutorial yet as you are still at the 23rd century Starfleet Academy. If you had finished the tutorial you would be at the "present day" ESD and reporting to Admiral Quinn, with Adm Kensington having been deceased for a few hundred years.

However, it is possible to claim the ship before then. The first mission you are given after claiming your shuttle, immediately beam back down to Starfleet Academy after you beam up to your ship. If you have already claimed your AoD starter pack, your shiny new PLEC will now show up if you revisit the ship selector (visiting the ship selector before beaming up to ship and then returning you will only see the shuttle and the tutorial ship). If you snag some EC from your account bank while you were on your ship, the equipment vendor is also now active and you can load up on some DSC phasers if you so desire (the equipment vendor is also not active until you beam up to ship and then back down).

If you have not claimed the starter pack yet I don't know if the PLEC will show as available from the C-store or ship vendor at this point. Since I had claimed my starter pack very first thing after creating my toon all I am sure about is what you can do and when if you have claimed the starter pack.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    bellydancer42bellydancer42 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    I was able to claim the ship in the c-store without any beaming and such at 23rd century academy one and a half weeks ago. But several of my friends are telling me that they can buy the pack, but can't claim the ship. I'd be surprised if you can't claim the one AoD C-Store ship available in the AoD time...
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I can not claim the ship. I'm level 3 and have finished tutorial/picked up Secrets Mission. The ship acquisitions guy at the Academy has no ships for me and the store does not allow me to claim it.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    petlan76petlan76 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I can not claim the ship. I'm level 3 and have finished tutorial/picked up Secrets Mission. The ship acquisitions guy at the Academy has no ships for me and the store does not allow me to claim it.

I'm in exactly the same boat, along with some of my fleetmates, while others, who claimed it closer to release, were able to get it from the store, and activate it via the ship selector on the shuttle.
  • Options
    sftricksftrick Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Same here. Started a new Discovery character today (well, two, trying to figure this out), and I used to be able to pick up the ship right after receiving "Secrets." Now I can't. Tried once with the tutorial, and once skipping it, with the same result.

If the answer is to wait until I'm at ESD, I'll do that... but it's a bit odd if things have changed so that you can't pick up your 23rd century ship until you're in the 25th, and it's not available for the Discovery-era missions like it used to be.
    Post edited by sftrick on
  • Options
    northrimnorthrim Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Same here. :s
  • Options
    chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    Hello everyone after confirming internally for information. The Age of Discovery Pack says you will be able to claim the ship after completing the tutorial. For Discovery Characters their tutorial is all missions pre 2409 + Welcome to ESD. Thank you for your patience on this issue.
  • Options
    sftricksftrick Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Hello everyone after confirming internally for information. The Age of Discovery Pack says you will be able to claim the ship after completing the tutorial. For Discovery Characters their tutorial is all missions pre 2409 + Welcome to ESD. Thank you for your patience on this issue.

So, if you skip the tutorial, you don't actually skip the tutorial?

• Options
    rohnarohna Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2018

That's odd, to not be able to fly the AoD C-store ship in the appropriate time... we were able to fly the T1 Constitution during the AoY-missions.
    I had planned to outfit the Walker with AoD weapons, which will be difficult in 2409.

Edit: So the people saying AoD isn't a faction, but just another tutorial were correct after all...
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User

So when I was able to claim the PLEC prior to being shoved to 2409, that was a bug. Even though it makes perfect sense to be flying a Discovery era ship (that I paid for) in the Discovery era missions using a Discovery era Captain.

Now it seems if I want to fly the ship ASAP, I need to make a 2409 Captain and finish/skip the tutorial?

/facepalm
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    gia42gia42 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Strange, I was able to claim the ship immediately after accepting Secrets. Without any work-arounds or shenannigans. I thought we weren't supposed to fly the C-store Discovery-era ship in the 23rd-century Discovery-era missions with a AoD character...
  • Options
    chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    @gia42 , It was decided internally to change it so it's available to DSC in dsc era and TOS in TOS era.
  • Options
    gia42gia42 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    @gia42 , It was decided internally to change it so it's available to DSC in dsc era and TOS in TOS era.

Good decision! Thumbs up! Thanks!