test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DS9 Crashing

after the discovery update my Gamma recruit toon crashes my game. i went to ds9 to do something then the game crashed. tryed to log back into that toon. game crashes. only toon that i cannot log into.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    eagle420eagle420 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    same here just now , my rommie toon tried to get on DS9 and got a fatal error
  • Options
    g2scourgeg2scourge Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I also got a problem that mine Gamma recruit cannot enter DS9 without crashing the game.
    all my other characters have no issue solong they stay away of DS9

and when i try to verify my game. i recieve no errors
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,464 Arc User
    What lighting are you using?
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I don't know if it helps you but another player said - in options make sure on-demand patching is OFF and force verify is ON (to make it verify files), SAVE if needed and then LET it verify files. (I don't remember if you need to restart launcher or not)

*feeding an edit monster
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I really don't know why devs/officials are not active here regarding those crashes or failing to login issues.
    It's important and it happened in AoD day. Even if it may be prepatch+expansion issues/win 10 issues/lighting FX of alienware or razer issue or any combination of the above or who knows what else, help still is needed!
  • Options
    @chrian#9670 and @engineerb4#4806 @engineerb4#4806 please help here - maybe you are not aware of the multiple crash/login issues appearing here which require (official) help

Thank you in advance and my apologizes if it's inappropriate.
  • Options
    chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    Hello and good afternoon @rndflactuation , the devs have been informed since patch drop about this issue and have been working towards a permanent fix. That is about all I know internally about what is going on with this issue.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Hello and good afternoon @rndflactuation , the devs have been informed since patch drop about this issue and have been working towards a permanent fix. That is about all I know internally about what is going on with this issue.

Hello and good evening/night (or what fits your time zone when you see this),
    Thank you very much and good luck! It's good to know. I hope this all solves soon for all but this is very appreciated
  • Options
    javaman1969javaman1969 Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited October 2018

I don't know if this helps, but, the game crashed on me when I attempted to change maps from DS9 Space to DS9 Ground. Now it crashes every time I attempt to load this one toon currently stuck between maps like he is caught in a pattern buffer. My other toons are working fine.

His methods have become unsound.
  • Options
    snovernsnovern Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    I encountered the same problem loading into DS9. I was able to find a work-around and posted details in the following thread:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1244067/age-of-discovery-won-t-launch
    Short summary: You need to turn ON "Force verify" AND turn OFF "On-demand patching".

I hope this helps you as it has several other players.
  • Options
    javaman1969javaman1969 Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    It happened to me. Then the whole game wouldn't launch after the last shard maintenance. I reinstalled the game and it fixed both issues.
    His methods have become unsound.
  • Options
    auggiedog1auggiedog1 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    This same exact thing happened to 2 of my characters earlier this evening. I've asked for GM help and am still waiting...
  • Options
    auggiedog1auggiedog1 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Force Verifying files worked for me and my 2 characters are rescued :)