test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Starbase One Broken more post-patch than it was pre-patch

yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
Hello,

As per the patchnotes ("Resolved an issue which occasionally caused waves of Klingons to not spawn in “Defense of Starbase One”.") I was lead to believe that the issue of the Klingons not spawning was resolved (though to be fair, the issue didn't seem to be that they don't spawn at all, just that it takes a really long time).

However, this does not appear to be the case and the bug persists - Not only that, when they do spawn, they are riddiculously underlevelled, so much so that my hangar pets are one-shotting them.

Can this please be fixed in a way that when you say it is fixed it's actually fixed?

Thank you kindly.

Comments

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Yeah, I really need to tack on here.. because what he's saying is 100% true.

I did SB1 Advanced and my hangar pets (Elite Romulan Drones) were just wiping the map completely unchallenged. I ended up just parking my ship and watching TV until it was over.

I understand that you want to scale to player level, but this was an Advanced Queue and enemies literally die the instant they spawn in. You just see the ship name for half a second and then an explosion, it's just ridiculous. The queue is horribly unplayable because it's just no fun at all.

Please, can we limit the 'scaling to level' to Normal Queues please? If anyone under level 50 is in an advanced queue, then that's on them. This Queue is WAY WAY WAY too easy.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    LOL! We need LoL button.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Seriously, were you guys intending to break Starbase Defense One even further? If so, you succeeded! I LOL-ed. I did like 5 rounds this afternoon, with Klink enemies ranging from lv. -49 to -55 (Sic!). It's hilarious when you try and fix stuff, and break it even further. :p In actuality, it wasn't all that much fun, really, as there's no point even buffing up any more: the enemies just die by looking at them. I fire entire gravity wells into a void. Where's the fun it that?!

One time, SB1 actually did bug out again, old-style; and you could clearly see they had put in some fallback trigger, for when nothing spawns, as 2 minutes later, lo and behind, new enemies arrived, after all! That's at least something.
    Post edited by meimeitoo on
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    Oh it gets better: if you destroy all the klingons before the last ship escapes the mission just ends before it has a chance to leave.

Well done guys.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Seriously, were you guys intending to break Starbase Defense One even further? If so, you succeeded! I LOL-ed. I did like 5 rounds this afternoon, with Klink enemies ranging from lv. -49 to -55 (Sic!). It's hilarious when you try and fix stuff, and break it even further. :p In actuality, it wasn't all that much fun, really, as there's no point even buffing up any more: the enemies just die by looking at them. I fire entire gravity wells into a void. Where's the fun it that?!
    I dunno, but I like this, since it means I don't have to have any fun!

LOL. They really did ruinthefun. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    dariusturaldariustural Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    Tried an Advanced TFO myself.: Klingorcs popped like fireflies. It was pathetically boring (I am also running a ~40k dps ship).
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    meimeitoo wrote: »

One time, SB1 actually did bug out again, old-style; and you could clearly see they had put in some fallback trigger, for when nothing spawns, as 2 minutes later, lo and behind, new enemies arrived, after all! That's at least something.

49-55 is probably working as intended with scaling for lower level players. Level 10 ships however...yeah....

No, no, no! As in my post that got closed -- ppl aren't reading properly, apparently -- I said MINUS lv 49 to MINUS 55: "ranging from lv. -49 to -55 (Sic!)." Something is simply horrendeously broken.

It would appear their negative lv. affects their warp core breaches too, as the dmg those do is now virtually non-existent too.
    Post edited by meimeitoo on
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    alcmaeonidaealcmaeonidae Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Same for me. The Klingons are dying incredibly easily. And the game is ending before the 4th evacuation ship has a chance to warp away.
  • Options
    aslapaslap Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I don't know if this was intended, but I have also noticed that Starbase One doesn't give starship mastery xp.

I did it just before and just after and I didnt get any starship mastery xp at all in normal and adv.
  • Options
    node31#9773 node31 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    I must ask... Why would anyone play that TFO on adv, when same s*** happens in Elite, and there you get Elite marks for 5min of doing nothing?...
  • Options
    yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    deniskr87 wrote: »
    I must ask... Why would anyone play that TFO on adv, when same s*** happens in Elite, and there you get Elite marks for 5min of doing nothing?...

Sometimes you end up there during randoms...
  • Options
    aslap wrote: »
    I don't know if this was intended, but I have also noticed that Starbase One doesn't give starship mastery xp.

I did it just before and just after and I didnt get any starship mastery xp at all in normal and adv.

If you are of a decent level and the map generates level 10ish ships, you won't get any exp as the disparity between you and the enemies is too big. Even dropping from 65 fighting 50 enemies will result in getting like single digit exp.

ok thanks thats probably what is happening, man i miss the red alerts, fort I mainly do Starbase One for the Competitive and Lukari marks.
  • Options
    deniskr87 wrote: »

I had the same brainwave last night. Except no one was queuing for Elite.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    aslap wrote: »

If you are of a decent level and the map generates level 10ish ships, you won't get any exp as the disparity between you and the enemies is too big. Even dropping from 65 fighting 50 enemies will result in getting like single digit exp.

Turns out it probably was not a level issue as adv is still not giving Satrship Mastery xp