test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kobali Front missions missing for Discovery characters.

wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 392 Arc User
edited October 2018 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I started a new Discovery character and have been playing most missions/episodes/arcs, just skipping a few.

When I got to the Kobali Front mission of Delta Quadrant arc, I went to Kobali Prime, said Hi to the General, and that was it. He gave no new mission, nor are any more Kobali missions listed in the Delta Quadrant arc. Those missions are needed to unlock the transporter pads and to gain access to some popular missions such as Breaking the Wall and Last Breath.

I visited other NPCs on KP such as Harry Kim and the Generals son that gives mission to unlock first transporter, but none of them have any missions to offer either. Its like the whole Kobali Front arc has been removed for discovery characters. My non-discovery characters can still access the old missions, but my discovery character has no way to unlock them. And in case it was just a glitch with the general...that Kobali Prime mission to first visit him also says it cannot be repeated.

Perhaps the dsc characters are just missing some flag that lets the general offer next mission?

Comments

• ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    Hmmm, this seems to be a general problem. Took a look at a non-DSC toon who hadn't been to Kobali yet, but could go there and yeah, you cannot progress beyond the first introduction mission to general Q'Nel. I've probably talked to every single NPC you can interact with in Kobali City and nothing.
    With the toons I've played those mission through with they now appear in Available under the proper NPCs, but they're nowhere to be found on my Fed aligned Romulan. So this extends beyond just DSC toons.
    Seems something got effed up pretty thoroughly when some stuff got moved to the Available tab from mission journal proper.

@chrian#9670 I think this is another one for the collection of stuff that is now awol and in this case a bit more serious than the missing Aid New Rom missions as this makes progression impossible.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    Are there any plans to fix this?
    The fact that functioning missions accessible to old characters but inaccessible to new characters should be a bug.
  • roman1229roman1229 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    well, I am being beemed down by myself on the first set of Kobali missions. I have no other crew members.
    Roman, if you are talking about missing boffs, that is a separate issue -- you can just type /fillpetteamlist after beam down to get your Boffs back.

The issue I'm reporting in this thread is that the Kobali general is not giving missions, so all the Kobali Front content is missing/inaccessible to new characters. Existing characters can replay the missions without issue but new characters are stuck.
    Did anyone ever figure this out? Or is fix planned?

I just now got mission in Delta ark to go to Kobali, which I did. I then talk to General Q'nel but he doesn't offer any missions. My existing older characters have access to all the Kobali missions, but by new characters cannot get Q'nel to offer any.

In case it matters, this is a new Federation playable borg character I started due to upgrading to lifetime.
    edited March 2019
    I have an answer for this (I found myself...nobody from STO support ever replied...).

Although General Q'Nel does not offer the missions directly anymore on planet as was done in prior seasons for my older characters, you CAN still get the missions by selecting the Hail Starfleet icon on minimap and finding General Q'Nel in the list.

I would consider it a bug that he no longer offers the missions directly in person on Kobali prime but does via the episodes tab after hail starfleet. (It is possible that start of the mission a few seasons back was actually triggered by the Delta Quadrant episode Arc, and when they simplified the arc by removing some missions, it left a gap where you now go to kobali prime but are not offered new mission once you get there).

In any case...thats how to get the kobali missions now which are good for farming delta and iconian elite marks if you get tired of Gateway to Grethor.
    Post edited by wraithmeister on
  • acker#7170 acker Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    New Discovery captains still can't enter Kobali system. The Kobali Crisis Acts appear in the the available tab and can be started but when you fly to Kobali Prime, you can't enter system. :'(
  • amleth125amleth125 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    I can confirm that discovery captains still can't progress in the delta arc. Can't get the Kobali Front mission and can't even beam down to get the Kobali Crisis missions started, even though the latter 3 appear in the journal. Has this problem really persisted since Oct 2018, the date of the first post on this thread?
  • kingzissoukingzissou Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I also have this same issue. Started a DSC character a couple weeks ago. Can’t get any if the Kobali missions to pop up. Janeway won’t give me the next Delta mission either. Pretty much stuck on that campaign.