test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Klingon war revamp & lost dominion

kibi#8855 kibi Member Posts: 101 Arc User
Seeing as all the augmentation stuff was removed to reskin them and use them as "new" discovery content why would we know who the Singh guy is in that federation prison? Is there anything in prior missions that explains who he is and why my character would care?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• kibi#8855 kibi Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    So they happen to remove all of the augmentation storyline for polish and nothing to do with discovery and the pre-augmentation Klingon running around the place? We'll see however my question still stands, why does my admiral respond to Singh as if they've had some sort of encounter in the past? I assume the same is also true for romulan republic character?
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    kurzis wrote: »
    So they happen to remove all of the augmentation storyline for polish and nothing to do with discovery and the pre-augmentation Klingon running around the place?

There are no pre-Augment Virus Klingons running around the place. The Augment Virus was manufactured in ENT. No ENT era Klingons appear in the game.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kibi#8855 kibi Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    So they happen to remove all of the augmentation storyline for polish and nothing to do with discovery and the pre-augmentation Klingon running around the place? We'll see however my question still stands, why does my admiral respond to Singh as if they've had some sort of encounter in the past? I assume the same is also true for romulan republic character?
    The augment story wasn't the only part that was removed, it was like 3 of the 8 missions.
    >Hide and Seek
    >Stop the Signal
    >The Kuvah'Magh
    >Treasure Trading Station
    >City on the Edge of Never
    None of those had anything to do with Augments.

And your character still acts that way because
    A. Those missions are coming back
    B. Many of those things are handled by triggers, so even if the quest gets removed, the trigger still remains. Like how Eraun would mention your encounter with him during the mission "Rapier" even after the mission was removed, so long as you had done the mission previously.

I can't rememeber the specific details of the mission but the Kuvah'Magh and city on the edge of never involved Miral Paris who was a critical component in the genetic engineering Singh was conducting.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    I can't rememeber the specific details of the mission but the Kuvah'Magh and city on the edge of never involved Miral Paris who was a critical component in the genetic engineering Singh was conducting.
    Incorrect. Miral Paris' only role was that she was kidnapped and taken to the past by B'vat, who wanted to use her status as the Kuvah'Magh to her advantage. Before she returned to the modern day she left behind a sample of her DNA becuase it oculd be used to cure the augment virus i nthe past.

Her DNA however was never taken, nor used, in Singh's Gorn augment research

And one big potential reason this is being removed: different explanation for "fixing" augment Klingons is coming in Discovery (teased on Ten Forward.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
This discussion has been closed.