test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CTD When Trying to play as Jem'Hadar

wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
So far, ever since the AoD launched, EVERY TIME i try to log into my Hadar, the game crashes to desk top. What gives? Is anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Did you happen to leave your Jem'Hadar at DS9?
    Because there is this problem with not being able to get on DS9.

Fix is here:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1244067/age-of-discovery-won-t-launch

snovern wrote: »
    I had the same problem loading into DS9 - whether loading into game with a toon at DS9 or trying to dock at DS9; and with Jem-hadar as well as other races. I kept getting the following error:
    'Fatal Error: Failed to load data for map: either the data does not exist on disk (failed to patch) or the crc or version number of the data on disk does not match what the code is expecting.

Technical Details: map
    "Maps/Planets/Crd/Crd_Ds9_Ground/Crd_Ds9_Ground.Zone"'

What fixed the problem for me:
    1. In the Launcher UI, before logging in, click the "Options" link towards the top right.
    2. In the "Patching" section, a) click _off_ "On-demand patching" and b) click _on_ "Force verify".
    3. Click the "Save" button and log in.

NOTES:
    1. If you do not click _on_ "Force verify" in step 2, the change to "On-demand patching" doesn't take. That's what happened to me.
    2. After step 3, expect a very large patch after the verification step completes. This fixed the missing or invalid DS9 map for me.
    3. If you want to re-enable "On-demand patching" after you've successfully loaded your toon, you can do so the next time you see the Launcher UI. I did this and am still able to load into DS9.

Stuff that didn't work for me:
    2. Attempting to "fix" the map problem by Docking at DS9 with a successfully loaded toon (FED unjoined Trill). This just caused another of my toons to be locked out of the game.
    3. Force verifying the game files without turning off "On-demand patching".
    4. Trying to load into Safe Mode.

Hope this helps some of you to get into the game.

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • drunkflux#5679 drunkflux Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    I am in the process of implementing the same fix since my orion is stuck in the dyson sphere. I hope they seriously fix this asap, it's not fun waiting around for a full hour to begin playing again. I had no trouble traveling through the dyson sphere yesterday on the same character. There should be no reason this should be happening other than like file corruption or something.

Thinking of ideas from lots of games for, dunno how long now.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    stuff

HA! YES! Thank you. I would have never found this otherwise. thank you very much.
  • drunkflux#5679 drunkflux Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    Huge thanks, you just saved the day where2r1.

Thinking of ideas from lots of games for, dunno how long now.
  • trench216#3693 trench216 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I had the exact same problem with the client being unable to find a map and crashing me out, in this case I tried to do a "Swarm" queue to hustle up more marks for that new tier of Reputations and it kept bombing me out. I force verified twice, but I didn't turn off "Verify On Demand" when I did it. Now I'm running it again as suggested here while I type this out.

Dear Cryptic: PLEASE stop breaking the game for no reason. Thank you for your attention.
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Did you happen to leave your Jem'Hadar at DS9?
    Because there is this problem with not being able to get on DS9.

Fix is here:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1244067/age-of-discovery-won-t-launch

snovern wrote: »
    I had the same problem loading into DS9 - whether loading into game with a toon at DS9 or trying to dock at DS9; and with Jem-hadar as well as other races. I kept getting the following error:
    'Fatal Error: Failed to load data for map: either the data does not exist on disk (failed to patch) or the crc or version number of the data on disk does not match what the code is expecting.

Technical Details: map
    "Maps/Planets/Crd/Crd_Ds9_Ground/Crd_Ds9_Ground.Zone"'

What fixed the problem for me:
    1. In the Launcher UI, before logging in, click the "Options" link towards the top right.
    2. In the "Patching" section, a) click _off_ "On-demand patching" and b) click _on_ "Force verify".
    3. Click the "Save" button and log in.

NOTES:
    1. If you do not click _on_ "Force verify" in step 2, the change to "On-demand patching" doesn't take. That's what happened to me.
    2. After step 3, expect a very large patch after the verification step completes. This fixed the missing or invalid DS9 map for me.
    3. If you want to re-enable "On-demand patching" after you've successfully loaded your toon, you can do so the next time you see the Launcher UI. I did this and am still able to load into DS9.

Stuff that didn't work for me:
    2. Attempting to "fix" the map problem by Docking at DS9 with a successfully loaded toon (FED unjoined Trill). This just caused another of my toons to be locked out of the game.
    3. Force verifying the game files without turning off "On-demand patching".
    4. Trying to load into Safe Mode.

Hope this helps some of you to get into the game.

• trench216#3693 trench216 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Okay, it verified all the files once again but this time it's downloading a whole bunch of stuff. I would have thought this was the whole purpose of doing a force verify and clicking another button wouldn't have been necessary to make this happen, but okay.

Guys, seriously. Delete this as abuse or something if you want, but. You have REALLY got to get it together over there in San Francisco. Would it really have cost you that much to run the new patch on a clean machine before mass distributing it so you could see all this stuff and pre-emptively correct it? I have to go to work in about a half hour now and I've wasted half my night chasing down multiple unnecessary crashes and I have to admit, I'm not real happy about it. The stream of angry invectives flooding my mind right now WOULD be abuse if I just vented all of it here so I'll hold my tongue on that, but come on guys. Just pull it together over there? Please? Pretty please? With a cherry on top?