Nimbus III

zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
What is the purpose of Nimbus III now?
f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Social? I think Roms still have to do it, but it's optional for everyone else.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Law, the Mercenary Ship Fleet.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Oh yeah, those too.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    And it's fun. It's a great place to grind for low levels
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Accolade hunting! You still get all of those!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • captainperkinscaptainperkins Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    I always appreciated Nimbus III I didn't like it when it was necessary to finish. But as a fan boy of the original 6 movies (In fact they were what got me in to star trek) - I really feel nostalgic on Nimbus and I think they did a good job there. It's a nice social hub with some very unique rewards. I think it's solid.

We have to remember what the Dev's said: Star Trek Online is basically a Star Trek Theme Park, where fans get to experience and "play out" their life long fantasies in a beautiful immersive community. Nimbus III is just another ride!
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    Did they disable the away teams on Nimbus III? They disabled away teams on Kobali Prime and Dyson Ground so I was curious if they did that on Nimbus as well.
  • spy8446spy8446 Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    i still have a few toons that are on Nimbus 3 working on the missions there, if they mucked with it, honestly it will Pss me off
    redvenge wrote: »
    Did they disable the away teams on Nimbus III? They disabled away teams on Kobali Prime and Dyson Ground so I was curious if they did that on Nimbus as well.
    Kobali and Dyson are bugs and probably getting fixed soon
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    At least it's still there. Nothing like beaming down, cranking up the Ennio Morricone, and hanging out.
    boldly-watched.png
  • mirrorterranmirrorterran Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    Good place to grind up some dilithium. Especially on newer toons, unless they changed that.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Its a forgoten planet… now the game is following canon! :smiley:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • smooshy#7462 smooshy Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    I would rather do Nimbus III, the whole string of missions, on 5 characters than Of Bajor on 1.
  • siotaylorsiotaylor Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    I would rather do Nimbus III, the whole string of missions, on 5 characters than Of Bajor on 1.

Make it 12 characters, lol.
    Of Bajor is the worst steaming pile of $expletive that one could find in any game anywhere!
  • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    Come on, lighting beteret incense is the most fun on STO, even better than Delta Rising!

I like the combination of story and sandbox offered by Nimbus. Before the battlezones it was virtually the only place you could do both. It's still the only place for the under 50 captain to free play.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Nimbus is unique in being the only place where you can take your entire away team in public. It's worth going just for that.
    Except into Paradise Lost. They have to wait outside while you go in.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    echatty wrote: »
    Except into Paradise Lost. They have to wait outside while you go in.
    Just imagine how crowded it would be otherwise. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    siotaylor wrote: »

Make it 12 characters, lol.
    Of Bajor is the worst steaming pile of $expletive that one could find in any game anywhere!

And here I thought it was that Devidian arc. Nothing like wandering around in the dark listening to a deranged hologram quote bad rhymes.
    boldly-watched.png
    > @jbmonroe said:
    > siotaylor wrote: »
    >
    > smooshy#7462 wrote: »
    >
    > I would rather do Nimbus III, the whole string of missions, on 5 characters than Of Bajor on 1.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Make it 12 characters, lol.
    > Of Bajor is the worst steaming pile of $expletive that one could find in any game anywhere!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > And here I thought it was that Devidian arc. Nothing like wandering around in the dark listening to a deranged hologram quote bad rhymes.

That's just one mission, Bonniekin. I mean if we're comparing single bad missions then I present for the jury's inspection 'Walking With Slamek' (aka Collussium).
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Coliseum is bad, Devidian arc is not, Bonnie-kin is great (although the impact lessens the 21st time and onward), also going the same map back and forth couple hundred years apart is really fun. But the Spectre arc is by now unimportant as heck as well. As is the Cardassian struggle, where I don't even dislike Of Bajor as much as Operation Gamma (shuttles, flying around to interact, unskippable cutscenes - it's got it all).

But back to Nimbus III: I love the place for all the reasons mentioned above plus the fan dance. Before the AoD update I made sure that all my toons who hadn't been there yet (the Jemmies) had it in their journal just in case. In my opinion it is the best battlezone by far feel-wise. I wouldn't miss any of the others (possible exception: Dyson ground) from that point of view.

It's not always all about the rewards. But the fact that new players won't be directed towards it may take a bit of it's livelihood away.

Unless they get mission popups for it every other second anyways. I have heard that is the new trend now.

My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
    The silly part of Bonnie-kins is that fancy-pants 24th century flying UFO hover-flashlight...that provides about as much light as a candle. I mean, I get they wanted the place to be all dark for mood and stuff, but they could've had us go in there with no flashlight, rather than a ridiculously dim one.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Were the Nimbus missions taken out for refurbishment?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    > @warpangel said:
    > The silly part of Bonnie-kins is that fancy-pants 24th century flying UFO hover-flashlight...that provides about as much light as a candle. I mean, I get they wanted the place to be all dark for mood and stuff, but they could've had us go in there with no flashlight, rather than a ridiculously dim one.

It was either hover, or make new animations to hold them. I mean when the D met the dividians they had the same, but hand held as in a few other eps. I have no idea why they can't have the mark one "taped to the barrel" type flashlights myself, but maybe that's too future tech for STO.
    > @questerius said:
    > Were the Nimbus missions taken out for refurbishment?

Nope, they're in Available... Talk to the S31 dude.
    It was either hover, or make new animations to hold them. I mean when the D met the dividians they had the same, but hand held as in a few other eps. I have no idea why they can't have the mark one "taped to the barrel" type flashlights myself, but maybe that's too future tech for STO.
    Way to miss the point. The flashlight is ridiculously dim.
    warpangel wrote: »

Maybe so, but it's always been adequate for me.
    edited October 2018
    The flashlight? you don't NEED to use it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF409AqRUPo&t=0s&list=PLY5hPGi2f0fteHE9KxBSLB2JRB011bpQV&index=10
    In the current version it's not even a device you use, but a buff the game inflicts on you. Note how in some parts it goes out because plot and I continue the mission without it? :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    warpangel wrote: »

Maybe so, but it's always been adequate for me.

Meh. I have to turn up the gamma so far I get a tan.
    boldly-watched.png
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    At least the Spectres arc has a much better Halloween feel than Hearts and Minds.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.