test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Broken game

Is it normal for expansions in STO to break a players game? Some kind of rite of passage where you're not a true gamer until your game has been screwed over by an update at least once?
tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    "It's normal on meth"

Your post contains no useful information. "It doesn't work" makes anyone who's done tech support want to slap you silly until you explain with useful details exactly how and why it doesn't work.
  • Options
    captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    Also, this thread is pointless.
  • Options
    dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    Every time the devs decide to add an expansion, they have a habit of breaking missions that DIDN'T NEED TOUCHED. If they wanted to make changes to missions, they should wait until AFTER the expansion goes to holodeck and check and see if it works first. Delta Sucked ruined the game for me and it hasn't been improving. AoD isn't bringing anything new either. It's just a rehash of the Fed tutorial mixed with the time travel shenanigans from the Temporal Agent junk. Really, if it's just a reskin, there is no need to break everything all at once. Killing Red Alerts is bad juju. People played those like crazy and now we are being FORCED into doing those tfo thingamabobs that players hate just get a few measly marks, IF THE MISSION DOESN'T BUG OUT and TRIBBLE you out of all the rewards.

Glad my expectations were low since they can't get any lower for this game. Maybe I'll just go back to Warframe where the devs there doesn't break everything on sight when they want rehash the same thing over again.
  • Options
    rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    as I posted in your other thread, check your video card driver. That is the usual culprit
    or update Direct X
  • Options
    dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    azrael605 wrote: »
    What specifically is broken? How is it broken? These 2 vital questions need answers before anyone can help in any way OP.

Missions not working as intended, as in enemies either not showing up at all, or text missing from dialogue box which causes the mission to just stop working. Removal of Red Alerts was a bad mistake in general. The addition of random to the PvE queues and the removal of queue timers and how many people are in said queue make getting anything to come up take forever and a day. The list can continue on the many things the devs are breaking.
  • Options
    rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    dragnridr wrote: »
    azrael605 wrote: »
    What specifically is broken? How is it broken? These 2 vital questions need answers before anyone can help in any way OP.

Missions not working as intended, as in enemies either not showing up at all, or text missing from dialogue box which causes the mission to just stop working. Removal of Red Alerts was a bad mistake in general. The addition of random to the PvE queues and the removal of queue timers and how many people are in said queue make getting anything to come up take forever and a day. The list can continue on the many things the devs are breaking.

your problem and the OP's problem are not the same
    the OP can't get into the game at all.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
This discussion has been closed.