test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crash on startup

tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
edited October 2018 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Since AoD went live, I've been unable to get into the game at all; it just crashes on the loading page every time, roughly with 60-70% of the bar filled. Nothing works!

I've tried:
  • Playing with 32-bit client
  • Playing with 64-bit client
  • Playing with safe mod (from the options menu of the launcher)
  • Playing with an EU gameplay proxy
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling the game
  • Deleting and redownloading the Live folder
  • Clearing the cache, logs & prepatch folders in the Live Folder
  • Rebooting the computer
  • Logging in with a second account
  • Installing and playing through Arc
  • Verifying the files (repeatedly)
tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
Post edited by tyler002 on

Comments

• Options
    rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    what OS?
    what hardware (processor, video card) ?
    what direct X version?

sorta need to know these things to offer any type of help

off the top of my head though, check to see if there is a new version of your video driver out. That is usually the culprit
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    if it is related to drctx 9c or 4d error ,uninstall graphic driver ('s) and re install penultimate driver ..
  • Options
    The OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and I have DirectX 11. The Processor is an AMD A6-6400K APU with Radeon HD Graphics, the graphics drivers are up to date and the graphics card was only replaced a couple weeks ago.

STO worked perfectly yesterday, the problems only started after todays patch. I'm having no problems with anything else.
  • Options
    snovernsnovern Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    @tyler002, I saw you posted in the following thread: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1244067/age-of-discovery-won-t-launch
    so I didn't respond here, thinking you would check that thread.

Have you tried the suggestion I posted there?

Hope it helps you like it did me and at least some other players.
  • Options
    @snovern I tried it, it didn't work for me.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    OK... read through this stuff...

You had no other changes to your computer except STO patch?
    I am going to suggest: look closer at peripheral gear added to your computer recently. Or updates like a driver update.

There was another thread with someone complaining of STO not working after Windows 10 update...turned out he had to delete his gaming mouse program to get STO to work. Even though it worked fine before that. I wonder if it may not have been the Windows update...it could have been that STO patch.

I am suggesting this because so many other people's problems are clearing up with adjustments to STO....example the 32-bit thing, or doing a Force Verify. THAT is STO program problems.

You seem to have done everything possible TO STO....but still crashing. So, check other things that access STO...like a gaming mouse or keyboard...and see if that is the problem
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    No changes at all, the last alteration was a new graphics card and drivers several weeks ago. I don't believe that's the problem because everything worked perfectly before the patch, and everything except STO works perfectly after the patch.

Might try uninstalling the Razer software I've had for a few months, see if that helps.

EDIT: Well, it works now. I don't know if it was the recent patch or removing all Razer software, though. I might reinstall Razer sometime and check.
    Post edited by tyler002 on