test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Delta Quadrant Race Track

brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
The race track in the Delta Quadrant should be a multiplayer map like Risa. There should certainly be the current single player map for when players want to do the mission, but after the map is unlocked, it should become like a Battlezone map in which players can jump in and out as they like and do the race course, watch from their ships, (with an appropriate announcer channel calling the race,) and visit a central social hub/observation lounge which has a view of the actual course at the start/finish line. and a holographic display of the course with numbered icons showing the contestant's locations.

Regular races like the summer event/winter event races could be a part of a spring or fall event, with Rally Flags as rewards to purchase Rally Gear

There could be rally merchants, rally DOffs, and rally accolades for such events.

Some other ideas:
NPC races on which players can gamble for latinum.
DOff assignments to enter in races or to assist a race crew
Mini-missions to recruit racers, sabotage racers, undo the sabotage of other crews, or participate as race officials could be available
Special racing shuttles could be sold or awarded
Speed or agility boost consumables or consoles could be sold, useful only on shuttles
Actual tournaments with qualifying trials and scheduled races for the top qualifiers

Every time I go to the race track I think, what possibilities! It could be fun to have something more than a single player race against the clock. It could be more fun to line up against eight other players and have at it in the full contact version of the sport!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• nunoespadinha#0711 nunoespadinha Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    Funny thing is that most of the people don't even know where that is... or that that exists at all !!!!

So, there you go: https://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Hodos_System_Patrol
    U.S.S. Achiever
    Junae, Girquay, Meman'Ikan, Deanna, Elisa Flores, Nuno Espadinha, Heidi, Kolez, T'Vrell, Zarva, Vocan, Oeshi
    Zv9NH5Z.png
  • brian334brian334 Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    It's a fun little race track. Just making it an open RP zone would attract players who want to race each other. It's been one of those hidden gems that everyone forgot because it was such an insignificant bit of the DQ storyline.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    A PvP version would be fun.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited October 2018
    I agree, but nobody would race their shuttle because there would be a crowd of Kerrat fanbois out to kill anyone who tried to actually accomplish an objective.

Now, if it disabled PvP for everyone but the racers...

On that note, while in a race, collision, or "scraping," should be allowed.
    brian334 wrote: »
    I agree, but nobody would race their shuttle because there would be a crowd of Kerrat fanbois out to kill anyone who tried to actually accomplish an objective.

Why make it so players can actually shoot each other? that's not really racing . :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing

Why make it so players can actually shoot each other? that's not really racing . :p

You are right, of course. I wasn't really suggesting shooting racers, but I was serious about scraping.

What I would suggest is that players be allowed to "Enter A Race" by moving a shuttlecraft into one of seven "Starting Gates" which would be arranged with a center gate surrounded by six gates. Once all gates are filled, or when five minutes from the first entry elapse, the countdown to start the race begins, and a list of each player in that race pops up in the Low Priority Interaction window. The window would show which gate each player has last passed by number, and their time upon completion of the course.

The beauty of this is that you could have multiple racers on the course simultaneously and if a second wave passes you by, you know you need to work on your flying skills!

I would also keep the "Time Trial" option which allows one character to race against the clock as the track currently operates.

Events could link Time Trial scores to a leaderboard for overall winner positions and for cash and prizes, and double- or triple-elimination competitive race tournaments could be held.
    edited October 2018

You are right, of course. I wasn't really suggesting shooting racers, but I was serious about scraping.

What I would suggest is that players be allowed to "Enter A Race" by moving a shuttlecraft into one of seven "Starting Gates" which would be arranged with a center gate surrounded by six gates. Once all gates are filled, or when five minutes from the first entry elapse, the countdown to start the race begins, and a list of each player in that race pops up in the Low Priority Interaction window. The window would show which gate each player has last passed by number, and their time upon completion of the course.

The beauty of this is that you could have multiple racers on the course simultaneously and if a second wave passes you by, you know you need to work on your flying skills!

I would also keep the "Time Trial" option which allows one character to race against the clock as the track currently operates.

Events could link Time Trial scores to a leaderboard for overall winner positions and for cash and prizes, and double- or triple-elimination competitive race tournaments could be held.
    CO has an event called Circus Malvanum which is kinda like that, but a more straightforward race.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-dY3AJWVHs&t=0s&index=22&list=PLY5hPGi2f0fuy6Lh3hj9EG2nqIvGOqhP8
    A STO version with ships or shuttles would presumably be a lot longer.... and with at least 50% fewer buildings to run into....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    I would want a building there. It should have huge windows that overlook the actual race track.

With a Tlalaxian calling the race and a few potatoheads setting the odds and taking bets.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User

including weapons fire or just like the races during the summer event?
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
    including weapons fire or just like the races during the summer event?
    A proper race where you compete against other players.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
This discussion has been closed.